New releases 30TH APRIL 21

Manchester Orchestras new one is lovely eh

4 Likes

Origami Angel - Gami Gang - emo (and quite a few other genres) - pretty bright and bouncy and full of little anthems.

For your ambient, swirling experimental needs.

Warmth’s record Fields, gets the mixed minimal ambient rework treatment

Light modern composition, ambient, subtle post rock.

1 Like

Feels like April has belatedly woken up after the four underwhelming new release days preceding.

Looks like I’ll be going from struggling to name an AOTM top five to struggling to cram them in in time.

1 Like

Ensemble - Glaswegian youth songwriting project, collaboration with Jill from Sparrow and the Workshop, Marth Ffion and Jonnie Common.

@TAFH33 for the Hovvdy link

(It’s lovely too)

1 Like

This is out today

An 8-track EP from former 80s-Matchbox Sikh Punk Sym Gharial, featuring a remix by your very own BITT

check it (track 7)

1 Like

I’m a fan of her albums with her brother.

I mostly like this although some of it is a bit too dancey/poppy. May grow on me.

2 Likes

You’ve just reminded me that I’ve still got tickets for the cancelled show.

1 Like

Also

New EP from Tyson (Neneh Cherry’s daughter) out today

2 Likes

I know the physical copies were pulled from sale late last night. Now due next week apparently.

1 Like

Normally I’m beaten to the punch with posting about releases as I’m still at work but this one hasn’t been talked about yet.

French producer Myd has released his debut album Born A Loser on Ed Banger Records.

There is definitely a indie pop touch to some of the beats on this record that you’ll be into if you like Metronomy or LA Priest.

If this is given half a chance, it’ll be the “Song of the Summer” this year. You’ll be whistling it in minutes of hearing it.

Other singles/highlights

1 Like

the new Lucid Dream album sounds great so far. They started out as psychedelic rockers and have gradually become more electronic as they go, and now this one is euphoric dance music with influences from acid house, techno, d’n’b and dub.

1 Like

I’m in two minds as to whether this character is shrugging or conducting.

1 Like

Nah, April has been great, every week has turned up several gems. For me at least.

Good that you found more. It may be in part the music league eating up my listening time, but not much has stuck so far. I quite like the new London Grammar and Taylor Swift, but neither are earth shaking. Toumani Diabate/LSO seems like it might have some promise on a cursory listen, but beyond that I was waiting on the AOTM thread to see what I’d missed.

i know i’m so jazzed for that, hoping there’ll be a new record as well

as will I (well, I am so doing right now - couldn’t wait 
 :smiley:)

1 Like

I’d never heard of her but this is great. Perfect Saturday morning music.

what’s this?