New Releases 31/05/2019

Hmm, it looks like he was.

Oh gosh this is fantastic

3 Likes

Petrels is great. Didn’t click with the last one but this feels like it builds perfectly on that rhythmic choral chaos vibe from Flailing Tomb.

Fragile X release is lovely and dark chaotic IDM.

2 Likes

Curve? Sold.

2 Likes

J. Robbins (ex-Jawbox). Sounds a lot like… Jawbox, but wearing a colourful hand-knit sweater.

Curve also works for me - now added to playlist.

1 Like

The first 20 seconds of the Skepta record would be a fantastic ringtone…

OK this applies to virtually every track!

This has piqued my interest. I like a fair few tunes of his but he struggles to sustain my interest over an album. However there’s not enough sub 3&1/2 minute pop songs being written so I’ll defo be giving this a go.

That new Lee Perry/adrian sherwood sounds intriguing too so i’ll be giving that a spin later.

I like a lot of it!

1 Like

Just gonna add another “whoa, Petrels!” post here. There’s a lot going on and I like pretty much all of it.

3 Likes

God I love Lisa’s voice so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@denovali
your guy Petrels getting some good feedback here

1 Like

Been digging the debut record from Mount Liberation Unlimited, it’s no surprise as i’ve liked pretty much all their 12" releases before this.

Described* as:
*Sonically fascinating, endlessly generous and straight up FUN record that takes the listener on a joyride through bittersweet stoner disco, frenzied scando-kraut jams and some of the sweetest dance pop to come out of Sweden this side of Super Trouper. *

*not by me

Really enjoying Pip Blom. It’s nothing new or avant garde but it’s a great listen. Being on repeat all day on my earphones. Must have heard it five times today.

Prefer the back half I think. It’s absolutely gorgeous

1 Like

New Dalham LP “Heat Death”.

1 Like

The Christelle Bofale ep is really lovely - intense, slightly shoe-gazey singer-songwriter stuff with beautiful chiming, snaky guitar lines.

Not sure how people feel about pimping your own material here. But I did a EP and released it on Tuesday. You can listen to it. Or Not. Its up to you

1 Like