New Releases 310818

Really enjoying Energy Dreams by Rejoicer - jazzy electronica. Probably something Flying Lotus fans would go for.

Last Muncie Girls album was superb so will be listening to the new one today

1 Like

Idles
Warm Drag
Mass Gothic

Plus loads of other stuff recommended in here

The new album by that chap Lowering is an absolute diamond. It’s an absolute must for anyone who fancies some warm and nostalgic synths and beats.

I’ve had Thou for a few weeks but I’m still gonna give it a spin later. Best heavy album I’ve heard all year by some distance.

Idles have been growing on me a lot lately, hoping the new one is the one that fully persuades me.

1 Like

IDLES sounds brilliant, heavy yet full of humour and positive (and quite somber on “June”). Not that these things should matter but would be great if it did well in the charts. As much as I love this now I’d probably lose my mind to this if I was 15. What a band.

Getting through the Eminem record now, also brilliant (so far), oooooh yeah

Also slight jag but the Cosmic Strip EP “Heavenly” is also out today (on Spotify Apple Music and maybe Tidal if that’s how you live you life), I play guitar on 4 out of 5 or the tracks. FFO Slowdive, Wolf Alice etc. They also play a free gig tonight for those in the London Metropolitan Elite so come down if it’s your thing.

Troye Sivan out today which I’m looking forward to. Have noticed that aside from Carly Rae Jepsen there’s basically zero pop chat on here. Might have to start a pop thread.

Been trying to convince folks to listen to Rae Morris all year, so I’ll do that again in your thread if you like

2 Likes

Spotify tells me there’s a new Grmln album out - I really liked one he put out a few years ago on Carpark, sorta a bit Dino Jr noisy guitar pop. Couple of the tracks ended up on the playlists I use when running.

So I had a look and it seems he’s self-released a bunch of 7/8 track records over the last few years that I had missed. Fairly sure they weren’t on Spotify before someone recent. Anyone listened? Are they worth dipping back into?

New Alkaline Trio is out today, which I’ll definitely listen to once and then put Good Mourning on.

Sufjan’s The Avalanche is out on vinyl for the first time today.

2 Likes

Man this is really top notch. It’s giving me the power to tidy my flat

3 Likes

Thanks so much man! :grin:

There’s loads of great stuff out today so just the fact that anyone’s giving it a go is lovely.

1 Like

Lowering’s Collapsule came through my door this morning courtesy of the Disintegrated State chaps; lovely slinky ambient techno with some nice pulsing bass and old skool loops hidden in the mix. Given it two blasts already today!

Also grabbed Mogwai’s KIN soundtrack while I was in town. It’s not super-immediate which means it’ll probably become one of my favourites over time, like Zidane. For some reason they always take me by surprise with the singing.

4 Likes

Thanks for buying it mate! So pleased you like it! :grinning:

1 Like

Quite like the Big Red Machine album. Can’t imagine me listening to it loads but, for a quick listen on lunch or coming up on shuffle every now again its alright.

This is great. Top stuff.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

What do you think? 2 listens in and I’m disappointed. Was really into Picture of Health but that feels like the stand-out track by a mile. Really dull, and as much as I think Lande is a fucking icon there are one too many moments on here where it feels like she’s committed to saying her piece in full over writing a memorable vocal line/hook. Guitars sound great, though. G’wan Lewis Johns.

It’s actually pretty good by the standards of Post-Crimson 'Trio. Although ‘Blackbird’ is the best song they’ve written in ten years and there’s nothing else on the record that can touch it, but I’m looking forward to a few of these finding their way into the live set.

The new Michael Price album came out on Erased Tapes on Friday as well - recorded in a number of National Trust locations in the UK.

I heard Sandham (below) on MAH’s 6 Music Recommends on one of my early morning drives to work and it sent shivers down my spine, a stunning piece.

1 Like