New Releases 5/3/2021

The Stools - Feelin’ Fine (EP)

bluesy punk trio from Detroit

1 Like

New Wolvennest! 2018’s debut was a fascinating, rather uncategorisable foray into psychedelia, post black metal and dark ambience. Looking forward to diving into this later!

1 Like

So much to digest today and there will be a Music League playlist dropping later. It’s all a little overwhelming!

the main reason I’ve decided to drop out of the second league. i just can’t devote the time required at the moment.

One of them or Soccer Mommy should change their name imo

1 Like

They really both should.

Also they should be made to change the ‘o’ in Mom(my) to a ‘u’ for UK releases/tours.

2 Likes

emo

1 Like

New Open Hand album.

Not sure what to describe it as, in the notes on their bandcamp they say it’s a cross between Depeche Mode, Sabbath, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Beach Boys and Peter Gabriel.

2 Likes

Got this on. It’s verrrryy good

1 Like

Yeah, on my second listen, and he really nails a lot of different styles huh? I wasn’t sure what to expect from the LP, but it’s a great surprise and I’m already really excited to hear more from him. Could see him really blowing up.

Yeah truly. Might be a bit of a reductive comparison but he’s got that Yves Tumor transcendence of just being able to switch it up between tracks & nail it, but somehow…more varied than that? Still on listen one but haven’t had a duff moment yet

Well this has really brightened my day. Thanks for the rec!

3 Likes

new mark mcguire

3 Likes

Aw man, I was looking forward to your pick, plenty of good black metal opportunities with mountains, forests etc

2 Likes

yeah sorry about that. I was just feeling too pressured to listen to the playlists, didn’t want to just quickly throw points at the ones I knew without listening to the full thing! :wink:

1 Like

nice this mate x

like a poppy Laura Marling or something

1 Like

Irish singer songwriter guy EP - nice enough

This is nice - guy collects sounds from people around the world - makes nice music with them

2 Likes

Where the hell did this come from?? Jaw-dropping on first listen - ridiculously well done and somehow sequenced to feel cohesive in spite of how all over the place it is. Feel like I’ll be spending some time with this one.

1 Like