New Releases 6/5/22

Otoboke Beaver Japanese speed garage punk

Ufomammut Italian psychedelic doom sludge

8 Likes

The Pale Faced Family on the Hill / Oliver Coates

This one sounds interesting - a group of unnamed electronic producers put together a ‘heavy ambient’ album and worked with cellist Oliver Coates to add drones, texture etc

3 Likes

Bandalos Chinos - El Big Blue
Breezy Argentine indie rock showing the Strokes influence in Latin America

1 Like

There’s a new EP from @rupturerapture

Melodic techno.

4 Likes

Heard about ¾ of the new Belle and Sebastian album and got bored. Then put on the new Sigrid. That sounded quite nice. Looking forward to listening at lunchtime and on the way home when the weather should be good. Sigrid sounds like nice summer music.

1 Like

WEEEEEEEEEE!

Also SVE, Warpaint, !!! and Sigrid.

Hate it when you get a Bandcamp notification on Friday but its an announcement for an album months away

I was awake at midnight so had a check of the new releases, wondering whether to post a thread, then saw I had about 20 of the feckers and decided they could wait! I think these ones haven’t been mentioned so far. Will also see if I can find time to check out Arcade Fire!

Vieri Cervelli Montel - I
Slow and moody haunting Italian sounds. Produced by, and on a new record label from, Iosonouncane, who I really liked an album from last year.

Sam Vance-Law - Goodbye
Canadian living in Germany - found (and loved) his debut last year via Get Well Soon, and is similar in sound along with maybe Jens Lekman. Looking forward to it.

You Can’t Win, Charlie Brown - Ambar
Portuguese melodic indie band, which I’ve just discovered has my favourite Portuguese artist Noiserv as a member, so that’s nice.

Keeper E. - Thank U and Please and Don’t Go
Someone I discovered from the line-up of Great Escape festival. Nicely produced bedroom pop.
“If you combined the bare honesty of Mitski, the adventurous production of Vampire Weekend, and the vibe of Sylvan Esso, you’d get something close to Keeper E” apparently.

Vomit Heat - Second Skin
Really like the name Vomit Heat, especially as he doesn’t sound like what you would assume. German artist, who released a great single with Stella Sommer recently, so looking forward to listening to that again and the other songs.

Ibeyi - Spell 31
French Afro-Cuban twin sisters. This album apparently “fuses Björk’s spiritual electro-pop with hip-hop, Latin neo-soul, Afro influences and the summoning music of Dead Can Dance.”

Kelz - 5am And I Can’t Sleep
Discovered her found from a Tiny Playlist last year. Bedroom frothy dream-pop.

Tobias Wiklund - Silver Needle
Danish trumpeter, jazzy sounds that I somehow like. A couple of Louis Armstrong tunes as well apparently.

Maria Reis - Beneficio Da Duvida EP
Portuguese Latin-american sounding EP. Can’t find much information, but her previous EP was produced by Panda Bear.

Endel and Green-House - Pastoral Journey
“Pastoral Journey is an album of pillowy-soft, organic sounds made for rest and relaxation, from Endel and LA-based synthsmith Green-House. Evoking peaceful and reflective natural landscapes. Designed to create a calming and joyful home environment, or a blissful backdrop to city or rural walks.”

Cody Frost - TEETH
electro synthy poppy mixtape/mini-album, will be playing at Great Escape.

Desire - Escape
Montreal artist, synthy pop sounds.

Jens Lekman - The Linden Trees Are Still In Blossom
Just adding this newly amended album from Jens, which I had a nice listen to last night.

1 Like

Shazza Van Ezza (is not on bandcamp yet too), thats ok i wasnt gonna listenyet anyway

And it’s only 21 minutes long, so you can blast through it in your lunch break!

1 Like

Thanks buddy! Excited to get this one out.

Bandcamp version has 3 extra tracks and a live mix, also out on cassette, Bandcamp Friday an all that -

3 Likes

I’ve only just learned that the new Arcade Fire album isn’t called UNSUBSCRIBE.

10 Likes

Esmerine (Canadian post rock types).

Been an age since the last album so had assumed they’d called it a day. Literally pulled out an old album to put on the to listen pile yesterday. So long since I heard them can’t really remember how much I like them.

4 Likes

OU - One
Debut album by Beijing based prog-metallers. Unusual vocals, a bit Kate Bush maybe?

This track will give you a taste, it’ll either push your buttons or you’ll hate it:

1 Like

This Sadurn album came up on my tidal recommendations and really enjoying it so far. Lo-fi Courtney Barnet vibes.

New album from the alter ego band of the singer from Black Mountain.

Releases from either are always welcome.

Pink Mountaintops - Peacock Pools

Luke Una’s compilation of late night, early morning rare groove looks great

3 Likes

Big release day, already got SVE, B&S, Sigrid, Rolling Blackouts… and Kikagaku Moyo queued up, along with the new C Duncan. Really liked his last album, so high hopes for this:

4 Likes

https://youngjesus.bandcamp.com/album/love-for-a-new-century?from=fanpub_fnb

New Young Jesus EP!

4 Likes

God I love Otoboke and The Beavers

3 Likes