New Releases 6/8/2021

Good morning, it’s Laura Stevenson day.

4 Likes

LIARS!

16 Likes

Lingua Ignota - Sinner Get Ready - somewhere between Chelsea Wolfe, Swans quieter moments, industrial soundscapes and gothy Anna Von Hausswolff style piano ambience.

12 Likes

You’re ticking all my boxes there Hank

3 Likes

New album from willy mason

2 Likes

Foxing - Draw Down the Moon. US indie/emo rock. Their last album was one of my favourites of 2018, but the some of the singles from this have been a bit of a mess. Hopefully they might work better on the album…

9 Likes

Abstract Mindstate - Dreams Still Inspire

The only Kanye-produced record being released today.

5 Likes

All things must pass 50th anniversary with loads of demos etc

2 Likes

Agree, loved the last foxing album, anxious for this one and hoping the singles work better in the bigger context of the album

Nasty Nas…

6 Likes

Foxing and Kississippi today.

Obey Cobra - Oblong

From Cardiff. “Diligently crafted brand of experimental, post-punk electronic, stone, doom, psychedelia.” Apparently this had a brief digital-only release last year, but Box Records asked the band to pull it and hang on until they could remaster it and put out a vinyl version too.

4 Likes

My latest was out last Saturday, which I feel like qualifies as a release for this week.

CD and cassette via the Werra Foxma label. It’s the intersection of chillout electronica and industrial production. Chillout music for machines.

9 Likes

Paul Rooney - Surface Industries I

"Officially released 11/10/2021, but out now on Bandcamp.

Rooney’s second solo album is a move away from the eclectic DIY post-punk of 2017’s ‘Futile Exorcise’ towards voice, piano and electronics led skewed ambient pop. As it’s title suggests, this new album’s tracks are themed around service industry jobs (it is the first of two albums on this theme), particularly the transient vocal interactions of everyday call centre work, as well as the humanity and humour that endures through it all. The lyrics of the pieces often use interviews or texts from the workers themselves, made during the early to mid 2000’s."

A huge day for fresh, current artists releasing new music on my Release Radar

9 Likes

Ishmael Ensemble - Visions of Light
A jazz kind of ensemble? But maybe not that jazzy sounding as I really liked it. Great music and different singers and sounds. Really enjoyed my first listen.

9 Likes

New Ty Segall was surprise released earlier this week.

https://tysegall.bandcamp.com/album/harmonizer

3 Likes

The one you’ve all been waiting for

Imagine spending 63 years getting Chinese Democracy absolutely perfect and then re-recording one of the songs a mere 14 years later.

6 Likes