New Releases 7/5/21

It is an absolutely mammoth week.

Weezer - Van Weezer
Iceage - Seek Shelter
Squid - Bright Green Field
India Jordan - Watch Out!
Undo K From Hot - G.A.S. Get A Star (new Zach Hill band)

8 Likes

Rupture//Rapture has a new ep of melodic techno out today. The tracks he’s released so far off it have been brilliant.

Floex has a computer game soundtrack out. He normally play warm electronica so we’ll see how that goes.

4 Likes

Mighty Mighty Bosstones!

5 Likes

CZARFACE & MF DOOM - Super What?

Second collaboration between Czarface and the late great Metal Face, featuring DMC and Del the Funky Homosapien

9 Likes

Tony Allen - There Is No End

Another posthumous release from a lost legend. Danny Brown, Koreatown Oddity and Sampa the Great amongst the guests.

6 Likes

VERY excited for these two.

Carlos Niño & Friends - More Energy Fields, Current

Collaborative new age ambient jazz fusion, features including Shabaka Hutchings, Laraaji and Dntel.

3 Likes

Gogo Penguin - GGP/RMX

James Holden, Squarepusher, Machinedrum and Portico Quartet amongst the acts with remixes of tracks from last year’s self-titled Gogo Penguin record.

3 Likes

Excellent, thanks, didn’t realise this was coming out! The Czarface Meets Ghostface album from a few years ago was great, didn’t get much attention though considering it was the best Wu Tang related music for years imo (Czarface is Inspectah Deck and friends).

1 Like

@worrier1 Worriedaboutsatan - Providence

8 Likes

Righteous poet/singer gets jazzy and probably funky too. Shabaka on this as well, man gets everywhere

2 Likes

Dan Auerbach retrofits some demos from the country funk master with full band treatment. Might be good?

1 Like

Really looking forward to this one

3 Likes

New one in the archive series from iron and wine

4 Likes

Roman Flugel

7 Likes

L’Orange - Imaginary Anything

Solo beats record from the Mello Music Group producer featuring guest spots from Marlowe, Quelle Chris and Fly Anakin.

1 Like

The Real Tuesday Weld are back with their first album in ten years, Blood. They’ve also announced that they’re calling it a day, but will have three or more albums released this year as a farewell.
This is their ‘set of songs for noir movies’. Alternative cabaret sort of sound. Not on Spotify yet so here’s their Bandcamp (in currently waiting for their very exciting looking vinyl package to arrive):

2 Likes

Super excited for Squid and Tony Allen. Will check out India Jordan too

5 bangers of course. Watch Out in particular has put a big grin on my face with those euphoric sirens.

2 Likes

I had a slight interest from the singles I’d heard over the last few years, but on first listen that Squid album is better than i was expecting. Can see why Warp gave them a go.

1 Like