New releases 9/3/2018

Just found out Dan Deacon’s been working on an album called Riddles with Ed Schrader’s Music Beat which comes out today. Just gave Riddles a listen and it’s great, very TVOTR / Twin Shadow. Makes me wish Dan Deacon did more production work, good to hear elements of his style but without the overwhelmingness of it all.

4 Likes

Just listening to this now, excellent stuff!

Like last week there’s nothing jumping off the page for me today.

Feels like a very bland month overall.

I’ll be checking out the new Drudkh album when I get home.

Nervus’ second album Everything Dies is out today on BSM and it’s fucking great. Think Alkaline Trio playing Death Cab songs.

And for those inclined towards the heavier end of things, Conjurer’s Mire is already being talked about as one of the best metal albums of the year.

David Byrne and of Montreal for me. Always kind of admired Young Fathers’s stuff without it engaging me much, so maybe will try theirs too.

Eric Chenaux - Slowly Paradise out today.

Other than that, I have a quiet week.

1 Like

Been enjoying this a lot over the past couple of weeks… think he’s going for more of an ambient/soundtrack vibe.

1 Like

Not much jumping out at me either. Might give Martha Ffion a listen and possibly Young Fathers too.

guys definitely check out new Young Fathers, it’s very great

1 Like

Bandcamp has just informed me that @McGarnagle has released some ambient/drone…

1 Like

This is exactly how I feel about Young Fathers, can’t figure out why though. Perhaps it is just a bit too polished?

This may not belong in this thread, as it’s not released until next week. But you can stream Hot Snakes new one already on NPR

1 Like

:heart_eyes: This is the first time anyone’s ever jagged for me on the boards! Finally made it Ma!

It’s buyable on download or a shiny blue cassette tape with a special extra track here:

Or streaming from the usual places like Spotify and that:

3 Likes

Practicing being a record label head honcho :wink:

2 Likes

@rich-t; nooooooooooooo! And I was relying on you this week. Tried Eric Chenaux already, but I can’t say it inspired me. Like others, this week is looking like slim pickings for me. Nap Eyes (mentioned above) and The Herbaliser probably the closest for me so far this week.

Is Charlie Barnes out today? Quite like a bit of Charlie Barnes. Big old orchestral pop.

1 Like

Their songs seem so alike on the surface, but I never get tired of them. His voice has only gotten better and there’s some stellar guitar work on the first couple of tracks!

1 Like

Sorry boss

1 Like

There’s a new Martha Ffion album out (no idea if her stuff is up your street or not),