New releases - April 19 2019, a very good Friday

Kelsey Lu! Lizzo! Heather Woods Broderick! Bananrama!

Maybe even people that aren’t women too,

What else?

1 Like

Heather Woods Broderick record is beautiful.

Also very interested in the Johanna Samuels ep

Dead to a Dying World have a new album out.
A mix of black/death and post metal.

2 Likes

Gonna give the new Loyle Carner album a go later (UK hip hop)

1 Like

Fat White Family. The first 2 singles are bangers so looking forward to it.

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing the Lizzo record but slightly irked by the lack of a physical release.

Going to give the new Wand album a go in a minute. Seems to have very mixed reviews.

There’s a new Self Defence Family ep.

5 Likes

the new Field Medic record fade into the dawn is out today. Lo-fi singer songwriter signed to Run For Cover. It’s got a wonky alt country/americana feel to it with glitchy electronic elements. FFO Rhett Miller, John K Samson

Jay-Jay Johanson has a new album out. He’s Swedish and begins with a J and has a deep crooning voice so j always associate him with Jen’s Lekman.

Tune-Yards appear to have an album out, as a soundtrack to a film. The one song I’ve listened to was very good.

Some EP by a band called Eyre Llew is also on my Spotify release radar, but I forget who they are. Sounds Sigur Ros-esque.

An album by someone called Warming. They’re on my Great Escape list of bands to check out/maybe see. Seems catchy enough stuff.

1 Like

New Drudkh album out today as well, and a Thou live EP.

1 Like

Gonna give The leisure society and Tallest man on earth a spin

1 Like

The album is amazing, the ep is too much of a Sigur Ros clone.

All about Kelsey Lu for me today.

4 Likes

All about the Fat Whites for me today.

1 Like

oh…and The Tallest Man On Earth has his new one out, for those not familiar he is a Swedish singer songwriter heavily indebted to Dylan. His music is bloody lovely. Not heard the new one but have high hopes

2 Likes

sorry just noticed you mentioned The Tallest Man On Earth already

2 Likes

Not much to add, but Scottish band L-Space are worth a try and there’s a Gang of Four record out too. Anyone who likes Calypso stuff might want to check out a new Mighty Sparrow compilation!

Mostly looking forward to Loyle Carner today.

Listening to the Lizzo album, like the homage to Creep on Jerome! It’s all great so far though

1 Like

I think the Tallest Man on Earth is out digitally today, and the physical release is in June

Sunn O))) out today as well

1 Like