New Releases - April 5

Wait - Conjurer?! I didn’t know they had anything coming out and google isn’t helping… what’s the craic??

1 Like

I’ll take it.

I had no idea either until I checked AOTY this morning… maybe a surprise release or summat

https://rocknloadmag.com/news/indianas-conjurer-new-album-sigils/

Could be, yes. There are three tracks from the LP on Spotify - Lincoln, South and Throw Me Now Your Arms - but not the full LP. So, you can get a taste of things to come … or so as to consider the purchase of the full physical release.

1 Like

Wait this is a different Conjurer to who I thought. There must be a british and US band of the same name ooooops!

1 Like

Oh - it’s a different Conjurer! To the one I meant anyway. Damn.

(love Mire so much)

3 Likes

Just gave the US Conjurer album a few tracks. It’s not bad but not a patch on Mire

Edit: I now have to listen to Mire

2 Likes

Ruby Rushton - Ironside for me, more UK jazz in the shape of Kamaal Williams, Sons of Kemet etc

1 Like

Yep!

2 Likes

Fuck it, me too.

Metal bands who have the same name should have to fight to the death for it.

1 Like

PUP is good.

Thanks for your time.

Weyes Blood for me.
Sort-of-Hot-Take-but-not-really: this is the album I’ve been waiting for Rufus Wainwright to make since the Wants.

1 Like

Weyes Blood and Martha

Rozi’s album sounded great. Ta for that info re: Shana - I’d heard her solo releases but had no idea she was in La Luz (figures, as I enjoyed what I heard)

Oh, and I’ll add Rose Elinor Dougall, Kiefer and Stuart Staples to the list.

1 Like

New Priests is excellent. More cohesive than Nothing Feels Natural (not a criticism of that record) with some tighted laced Banshees / Warpaint style grooves running throughout it’s running time. Lyrically, Katie Alice Greer absolutely kills it - both scathing and downright catchy! Gonna spending a lot of time this album, for sure.

Martha, Rozi Plain, W.H. Lung, Proper Ornaments, Spiral Stairs and the new Gurr album which has sneaked in out of nowhere for me, Clive.

There’s a new Gold album. Female fronted indie/alt rock that leans pretty heavily into metal / black metal without you noticing the change. There’s no shrieking if that might put you off.
On first listen it’s brilliant.

I should put this in the heavy thread.

2 Likes

show me the body got a new one

1 Like