New releases - Friday April 3 2020

dead nice

dead nice

Seem to be two ‘acoustic’ Frank Ocean singles on Spotify. The theory is that this is to differentiate them from some kind of ‘final’ version which will appear on an album - but who knows?

1 Like

So hot for the new Pigs x7 record right now.

1 Like

Willaeis. K has a new ep out. Synthy dance music with some New Order bits in there.

1 Like

Thanks for the Peel Dream Magazine tip - I’ve been listening to Pill and Emotional Devotion Creator like mad this year, you’d have thought Spotify radar would tell me the album was out today!

1 Like

Loving PigsX7. The last one didn’t grab me at all but this absolutely bangs.

1 Like

Mystery jets - a billion heartbeats. I haven’t really liked the singles but I will give it a spin.

I listened to Unclassified on Radio 3 for the first time yesterday - neo-classical, electronica,soundtracks, ambient etc

Few discoveries: one of which released today and listening to now is the soundtack to Tales from the Loop - Phillip Glass and Paul Leonard-Morgan - lovely so far.

Also will check out the Nils Frahm one (had no idea) - loved his more recent releases as much as the early stuff if not more…Nils also would be typical fodder for Unclassified - well worth a listen.

2 Likes

sophomore album from mute forest, his debut is probably my most listened to album of 2015 as it just grew and grew on me.

ambient guitar, electronic, vocal.

3 Likes

Did not know about this, cheers.

No problem.

Just listening to it now and it’s every bit as good as I’d hoped it was going to be based on those singles.

1 Like

forgot this was out today, thanks - will check it out

1 Like

Plenty to get stuck in to today :

Anna Burch
Charmpit
The Lovely Eggs
Peel Dream Magazine
Purity Ring
Savage Mansion
TOPS
Warm Digits

Almost as if there’s going to be very little WFHing today. Shame, that.

2 Likes

Me too - really liking Eyeballs especially right now.

Warm Digits - there’s another that Spotify didn’t mention! Thanks - although tbf they’ve released half the album already!

1 Like

Yeah, had no idea it was due until I spotted it on Norman Records’ mailout, gawdluvem.

1 Like

New album from Charmer. FFO Oso Oso, American Football etc.

2 Likes

From first listen the new Purity Ring is a vast improvement on their second album.

Maybe not essential but where that album sounded like an uncertain retread of the first, and made me think ‘maybe LP1 was all the purity ring I’ll ever need’ - this has something of its own.

1 Like

Apparently there is a new one from Pure Reason Revolution as well??

Slight off topic moan…

Going through the release radar playlist on Spotify. Featuring new releases from The Jam, XTC, Frank Black… All on them crap rappers or pop bands. How hard is it to google your band name?

3 Likes