New releases - Friday August 21 2020

Would have to do the unthinkable to find out!

2 Likes

If nothing else, it’s quite funny and has put a smile on my face. The last track is fucking hilarious

1 Like

The single I heard suggested this, yes

My ex-band mate in Maths has a new album with his band Other Half today who are really good melodic indie/punk/post-Hardcore stuff:

1 Like

I’m quite excited for No Joy actually. The bits I’ve heard thus far sound really good.

1 Like

This is the fella from Clor iirc? Will give a listen

1 Like

London Contemporary Orchestra - Giacinto Scelsi: String Trio

Lisa Lerkenfeldt - Collagen

Oh, was looking forward to Re-Animator - didn’t know it had been delayed. Not long to go anyway!

Whisper it, but this new Killers record is pretty great

1 Like

Really liking this.

A bit Melody’s Echo Chamber, a bit Exploded View

Bright Eyes and Rachel Angel were the two I was waiting for, but I’ll also be giving these (loosely) ambienty ones a listen:

1 Like

This is out and is great

2 Likes

Not sure what I make of that I Like Trains album at all. Will take a few listens.

Palehorse/Palerider have a split album for those looking for some doomgaze.

Bright Eyes
No Joy- Motherhood
Less Bells- Mourning Jewelry (ambient, modern composition)
Library Tapes- Quiet City (ambient, piano, modern composition)
Chronovalve- Light (atmospheric ambient)
Ian Hawgood- The Endless Sadness of the Shoreless Heart (EP) (ambient, drone)

New Nas is out, first track has a great beat so starting well

Guided by Voices ( finally!)
The Killers
Bright Eyes

For me today.

And Eight Rounds Rapid , thanks for whoever reccomended that up thread , I’d never heard of them.

Matmos album is 3 hours long. Giant Swan, Max Tundra, Oneohtrix Point Never, Mouse On Mars, Yo La Tengo, clipping. and Rabit all feature on it.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Did not know the Library Tapes album was coming. Really nice, even if some of the tracks feel a bit more like sketches rather than full developed ideas.

The lemon twigs have produced another frustrating listen. You know there capable of producing a classic but they always seem to miss the target with too many half arsed ideas.

Picked up the new Bent Arcana album from my local shop earlier. Dead good.

2 Likes