New Releases, July 12th

Looks like there’s a new Jefre Cantu-Ledesma record which is nice. Also might have a tang on:

• Khruangbin
  • Merzbow
  • Torche
  • Metz
  • Tiny Changes/Frightened Rabbit
  • Floating Points
  • Tycho

Any more for any more?

Listening to the Frightened Rabbit tribute album today ft Biffy, Ben Gibbard, Twilight Sad, Daughter, Aaron Dessner among others!

But what else is out?

1 Like

Our lord and saviour, David Berman, is back.

And when I see her in the park
It barely merits a remark
How we stand the standard distance
Distant strangers stand apart

Fuck me up, David.:cry:

3 Likes

I put on the Twilight Sad cover and it is beautiful but hard to listen to. Will listen to the whole thing later.

Only other thing I have lined up is the new Blood Orange mixtape. Will keep an eye on the thread for other recommendations :slight_smile:

Listening to Purple Mountains as I type this. Heading to work on the tube.

It’s perfect commuting music on a sunny day. Really good album so far.

6 Likes

noooooooo! @moderators can you merge?

1 Like

Apart from the FR album, have the Penelope Isles album lined up. Fuzzy dream pop.

(or delete mine, whatever’s easiest)

1 Like

Happy Torche day riff friends! Just downloading it for my drive in to work. Will have to concentrate on not headbanging my way into a 12 car pile up.

1 Like

MERGE.

1 Like

This is… Well, it is kinda awful. I mean, 29 minutes of short meandering electro with that vocal from Saint and Sinner over it just isn’t for me Clive. Not at all.

Luckily there is an extended instrumental version of the album due later in the year.

urgh :scream:

Joanna sternberg is nice.

Yeah.

This

Versus this

Big K.R.I.T.

(and Tycho)

Drab Majesty

5 Likes
1 Like

Drab Majesty and Torche for me.

Carmen Villain and Khruangbin for me.

New Palace for me. Soaring indie rock. Their performance at Glastonbury on the Park stage is on iplayer I believe, for those so inclined. Tiny crowd as they had the short straw of playing on the furthest away stage while Kylie was on Pyramid.