New Releases, July 12th

Bit of a slow week for me. Will probably listen to the new album by the Silver Jews guy (now trading as Purple Mountains)

2 Likes

New EP from Lusine sounds predictably lovely - melodic electronica with glitchy beats

https://open.spotify.com/album/7KRCjoE8qlhYvMbPLSG2K8?si=tpReZgI2TNeTEXmycEa82A

3 Likes

Penelope Isles I think. Maybe New Order. Probably 808 State’s new EP. And the Africa Express one.

Guess I’ll listen to drab majesty

intrigued by Penelope Isles, will be checking out

Joanna Sternberg for me too, sweet but sad indie folk, primarily voice and piano. Reminds me a little of Moldy Peaches

1 Like

Couple not mentioned yet that I’ll be checking out:

Cool Original - I never said I did’t care this is the drummer from Strange Rangers band, emo/indie from what I have heard so far. FFO Tiny Engines roster

Bleached - Don’t you think you’ve had enough pop punk from former members of Mika Miko

1 Like

agreed, I think it’s the earnest simplicity of it that’s giving me the Moldy Peaches vibe, can’t quite put my finger on it

1 Like

Nah, this is alright like. Some of it is Tycho by numbers and I’ll admit the vocal works better in some places than other but I kinda liked it. Made for an enjoyable sunny commute this morning.

liking this Mal Blum record based on first couple of tracks, nice anthemic trashy indie rock

New Frightened Rabbit tribute record is really tasteful and quite beautiful in parts. Really looking forward to sitting down and absorbing it tonight.

Sorry for the jag, but we’ve (New Ghost) stuck out our little collab/mini-album today. It features contributions from Craig B (Aereogramme) and Caroline Cawley (Church Of The Cosmic Skull). It’s a bit fuzzy indie, a bit lo-fi beat pop. Sure some folk might find something to enjoy in it - http://newghostband.bandcamp.com

3 Likes

The Bleached album was the one I was looking forward to, but - as ever - a few things on this thread sound worth checking out later.

There’s also a new EP (“It’s A Hit!”) from Aussie Indiepop supergroup The Stroppies that should be good as their “Whoosh” album is one of my favourites of the year so far.

1 Like

Not an album but Taylor McFerrin my man, it’s been too long.

K.Flay — Solutions

Part hip hop, part Tay-Tay style big studio pop, with hints of noisy electro pop (synthesised fuzz-bass, etc.):

1 Like

The Daughter version of Poke is incredible

4 Likes

Wear Your Wounds, the side project of Jacob Bannon of Converge, has a new album out today. Liked the initial, slow-building tracks off it. Not one for the cheerful!

4 Likes

On 1st listen Purple Mountains is great. Lyrically wonderful, as usual.

3 Likes

New ASC is dark AF techno

3 Likes

BONES UK

Just saw this pop up on facebook oddly enough (via Caroline i presume)

1 Like