You’ll love it.

1 Like

This is gorgeous.

1 Like

Great shout. Listening now, it’s ace.

1 Like

Wha?!! Off to check this out right now!

1 Like

Not really new releases, but King Crimson have finally started bringing their studio albums to Spotify. Believe all will be available soon…

Friend of mine released an EP yesterday, really enjoying it (first track in particular). Kinda retro, sunny synth pop but got a fair bit of variety in there, the bandcamp description covers it quite well.

2 Likes

I do indeed!
Thanks.

Obviously massively in debt to Broadcast but I think they’ve merged enough other influences to create a sound that stands on its on merits.

1 Like

I found I heard the influences very clearly on first listen but its individuality and subtlety comes out more and more over time. It’s becoming one of my favourite albums of the year.

1 Like

Majowski didn’t do much for me which is disappointing as I like his other stuff. Really like the Craven Faults record. Do you know anything about the artist? I’m sure I recognise the name, like maybe it’s a side project?

yep first listen it was - ah a bit of Broadcast, some stereolab, the united states of america, mount vernon arts lab, a bit jazzy…

second listen - oh this is just ace.

1 Like

Absolutely no idea who’s behind Craven Faults to be honest, but apparently it’s a studio project of someone who maybe produces records for other people, or something like that.

The records are released on the Leaf label, and I think they’re based in Yorkshire, but that’s pretty much all I know about the project despite following them on twitter and instagram and stuff.

1 Like

cheers - great stuff whoever it is!

1 Like

Yup, soaked in despair till it brightly shines.

I’m still forming an opinion on it - they went in the complete opposite direction I’d hoped they were going when I heard they were working with Butch Vig, but yeah, given the direction they did go, I’m liking it much more than I thought I would. Enjoyable, catchy alt-rock with some nice, interesting flourishes. Parts of the title track are pure Zwan, so that makes me happy, it feels very influenced by Yeah.