New releases - May 17 2019

Got CRJ lined up for the walk to and from work. Probably give that Interpol EP a go and maybe The National, might not bother.

Carly!
National

Also going to listen to the new Biffy album today despite knowing 100% that I will not enjoy it

Carly Rae Jepsen
Tyler, the Creator
The National

A very good day!

1 Like

It was only announced last weekā€¦ sounding great so far!

Glad to see heā€™s keeping the tradition of every track 10 having two titles :nerd_face:

1 Like

Iā€™m loving the National album

I love most National albums, but this is a real surprise for me. Didnā€™t know a lot about it beforehand, hadnā€™t listened to singles

Iā€™m loving the way the female vocals take you out of a National album! Really wasnā€™t expecting this, nice surprise

2 Likes

donā€™t sleep on the DJINN album folks

1 Like

This is really lovely. Like the singles a lot, but this is better than I thought it would be.

Aside from all the big hitters Hey Colossus have a new one out today. Iā€™ve really enjoyed their bizarre journey from noise rock crazies to deranged psych warriors to melancholic indie rockers over the years and from what Iā€™ve heard from the new one itā€™s another cracker. Theyā€™ve secretly been the best band in Britain for ages now itā€™s probably about time the people realised it.

4 Likes

Iā€™m totally in the mood for both ambient washes and psych funk so Iā€™m gonna have to check these out :+1:

Itā€™s not really psych funk, more Field Music-y. Itā€™s good though. That Erland album is quite modern classical in a way (donā€™t know if itā€™ll be ambienty enough for yous)

1 Like

Well hey I like Field Music a lot and modern classical (my journey into ambient music came from that direction rather than through electronica and IDM) so if anything Iā€™m more excited now!

Well I hope you enjoy then.

1 Like

Fucking hell didnā€™t realise this was today. So much good stuff out.

1 Like

He was in this band

Mad innit

1 Like

Carly day!

Also The National, the Biffy Clyro soundtrack, Alex Lahey, and there seems to be a Circuit Des Yeux live album too :+1:

Edit: Oh shit, and the new Tyler the Creator! Today is a good day.

I had no idea about this - many thanks to you, sir!

Not the most inspiring week but Iā€™ve got the following added to my list that havenā€™t yet been mentioned:

Siobhan Wilson
Ellen Allien
Olden Yolk
Fox Capture Plan

and there is a FANTASTIC new single from Miss Red called Loco that Iā€™m gonna be hammering.

1 Like

Biffy have a new album :scream:

Is it any good? Iā€™ve not really liked a Biffy album since Infinity Land.

Err yeah. National for me. Iā€™ve decided to pretend that Interpol never released anything after OLTA so iā€™ll be skipping the new EP. First up iā€™m listening to the new Lawrence Hart & Casually Here release on Hotflush. Nice deep/melodic house-y vibes. Chimes was a banger.