CARLY
RAE
JEPSEN

Also Slowthai.

1 Like

The National for me Clive.

Also Tim Hecker Anonyo

Carly Rae Jepsen

Genuinely struggling to decide whether to listen to Carly Rae Jepsen or The National first on my walk into work

• Carly Rae Jepsen
  • The National

0 voters

Spencer Radcliffe - Hot Spring Almost through my first listen of this and it’s even better than I hoped. Really laid back alt-country, signed to Run For Cover.

1 Like

Carly Rae
The National
Alex Lahey

For me clive

Or just meet in the middle and listen to Alex Lahey

3 Likes

Pop or indie ooooor power pop indie

1 Like

Do you want to start your day with a spring in your step or by feeling glum?

1 Like

Possibly falling into a trap here, but The National’s music has never made me feel glum. “Depressing” bands like Radiohead, The National, Nine Inch Nails, etc. have always made me feel better than worse :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

New EP by Interpol as well. But The National is first up for me.

2 Likes

Not feeling the new national album tbh

Other stuff I’ll be trying includes the Erland Cooper album (ambient washes) and Black Peaches (psych funk maybe).

1 Like

COM TRUISE

7 Likes

New Ivor Cutler EP for some absurdist lols this morning

5 Likes

TYLER THE CREATOR

Would really urge people who haven’t heard him since Flower Boy to give this a try. All the shock rap stuff is behind him. Damn, maybe even rap itself is behind him. It sounds phenomenal on first listen - a concept album about love and loss that has to be some of the best production of the year.

7 Likes

Operators for me
plus National, Interpol, Com truise

EPs for me today!
Com Truise and Kelly Moran respectively.

Also: it came out about a month ago, but seeing as no one has mentioned it yet, I can definitely recommend the new Minotaur Shock album to anyone who loves a bit of early Warp-like bleepy bloops.

1 Like

Rich Aucoin. I saw him at The Great Escape festival twice, and he was super fun in a Dan Deacon way. Looking forward to the album.

Yeah, it’s insane how much he has grown. On track five and agree this is amazing, I love the segueing between tracks.

1 Like

Currently listening to the new EP by Keep Shelley In Athens. It’s pretty good.

I’ve also got The Ballet and Injury Reserve lined up for listening today.

I’ll give the Carly Rae Jepsen over the weekend. Can’t be bothered with The National.