New Slowdive

:ok_hand:

Hello! Long time lurker here.

I have a spare ticket to slowdive at the garage tonight as my girlfriend is sick and my friends are lame. I bought it from Ticketweb and it is of the print at home variety, so I can email it if you would prefer to not have to meet me. I will happily take £20 for it.

They were incredible last night. So glad to have finally seen them live. The new track they played during the encore (not Star Roving or Sugar for the Pill) was brilliant, which bodes well for the new LP

1 Like

Have to say I’m loving these new songs they’ve so far released yet was expecting them to be meh

1 Like

Sounds like the best stuff any of the reformed shoe gaze bands have come up with

4 Likes

I think that Neil Halstead is a bit of a genius songwriter on the quiet - everything he’s done throughout his career/guises has been excellent…

They’re currently streaming their London gig live on FB now

1 Like

just tuned in. want to hear the new one in their encore again

this is… ahhhh… i have goosebumps. couldn’t have possibly expected a better return than this. damn. may can’t come soon enough.

Had a similar thing at Teenage Fanclub. Old blokes who think they’ve a divine right to be at the front for the well-known older songs because they were there the first time round but then go and drink and talk through anything that came out beyond the first couple of albums.

1 Like

Not as bad as the kids that go to the front and make no reaction to the older songs but go mental for the new stuff

*older bands in general

how dare old people go to gigs!

bit weird they described the London show as their first in the capital for twenty years
what about the Hoxton bar & grill show for conic catherdral’s birthday?

2 Likes

For anyone who missed it cos the facebook feed was bombing out like it was for me…

2 Likes

I think they probably mean

constant churn of people pushing to the front, back to the bar and to the front again.

only joshing ya. I am an old guy but am always a polite gig goer. I also hate people who think they have a god given right to barge their way down the front. Suppose it does depend on how busy the venue is though and I imagine last night it was absolutely rammed…

2 Likes

Or indeed the Village Underground show the following day.

Or the two Forum shows they played later in the same year…

hashtag/alternativefacts

1 Like

Old people are the fucking worst.

top bunch of lads you mean

The Garage gig was absolutely sublime…I was ill (weirdly been ill the 3 times I’ve seen them) but I was totally transported away from such concerns - the noises coaxed from Halstead’s guitar was something to behold - so encompassing on headphone listening and just as rewarding live…
They seemed to have moved up a level since that first comeback gig (which was good enough of course)…the new stuff is miles better than I had any right to dream…Star Roving is my tune of the year and Sugar for the pill is not far behind…newbie also sounded up there…album of the year contender at this rate…

1 Like