New specs day

Just got told that I look like a Swedish shoe designer.

How did your last new specs day go?

(fuck off two eye nobends!)

1 Like

I went a bit avant garde with the second pair but I like them.

Got my new ones just before Christmas, after rejecting a pair that my mum and wife told me made me look ‘Dutch or Swedish or something weird like that’. Very happy with them actually Balonz, thanks for asking, very short transition period too.

1 Like

That is two Swedish comments on two sets of glasses already. Wow.

I have a second pair coming in from elsewhere soon so will see if that elicits any further Scando comments.

1 Like

They were clear frames, maybe it’s something to do with that.

Mine are not.

Interesting.

I’m thinking of becoming a specs fundamentalist. I have stopped wearing contacts and am against ‘hidden’ frameless glasses etc.

Like bald people who hate wig wearers.

Let the short sighted rise up, wear glasses and rule the world unashamed!

4 Likes

Oh yeah fuck those contact lens sell outs. And as for the laser surgery gang, prison is too good for them.

4 Likes

i quite literally ordered a home trial for four new pairs of glasses from Glasses Direct yesterday, so my next new specs day is not far off hopefully

last time i got new glasses i don’t recall anyone mentioning them at all. no-one even said anything when i went from contacts to glasses ffs.

My wife got two pairs recently and I only spotted one.

It gets brought up a surprising amount.

1 Like

i got two pairs last time but they were pretty different (one have a chunky frame and are quick big, one have a very thin frame and are quite short) so it was very obvious they were different. plan was to alternate but i soon picked a favourite (the big ones) and just worn them ever since. the other ones just sit on a shelf somewhere, never to be worn again.

I think they’re trying to say that you look like a pervert

Didn’t have you pegged as a speccy

I am wearing glasses today - no comments so far

My friend (and colleague) is getting specs today for the first time and this is good to me because he has made a habit of calling glasses wearers “speccy pricks” over the years.

1 Like

Tell him he looks like a Swedish xxxxxx please

I probably won’t do that.

Swedish speccy prick

3 Likes

My daughter told me that I look like Gregg Wallace, so not great.

3 Likes

Paging @kermitwormit

2 Likes