New stories from the past that would EXPLODE if they took place in the hot take / think piece era

I was going to say: all that Tory sleaze shit from the early 90s. But they just seem to be able to brush it off and move on (cf. David Cameron’s cock and the pig’s mouth)

Could you fucking imagine if watergate had happened in the internet-era? People are going mental for Trump-Russia stuff rn like… fuck

Didn’t that not happen?

i read that for some reason people thought leaving onions lying around would keep the plague away but obviously it they just encouraged rats

always found that quite funny

I think the answer is “nobody really knows” except for Cameron and anyone else who was there at the time.

Thought it was written by a disgruntled Tory donor and the source was shite?

Are Steps just Proper Good Pop Music, Yeah?

“Hinda Hicks was robbed” for the most hottest of takes

Untitled

2 Likes

Yeah Wiki article seems to suggest so, actually. I think there’s merit to my original point (that things don’t seem to stick as much to Tories) but my brain’s a bit foggy and I’m not going to do a very good job of elaborating on it.

what’s the biggest oscar upset? pulp fiction losing to forrest gump?

Driving Miss Daisy beating Born on the Fourth of July
Dances with Wolves beating Goodfellas

The diary of Mary Astor
The Fatty Arbuckle thing
The Lindbergh baby kidnapping

A story that would COLLAPSE would be Orson Wells’ ‘War Of The Worlds’. There’d be no panic in the streets because it’d have been debunked on Twitter as it was on air.

1 Like

Also: Ghostwatch

1 Like

Imagine if the Wars of the Roses happened today. Would be a bit mental, wouldn’t it?

1 Like

By the way @roastthemonaspit funnily enough a French player kicked a fan in the head a couple weeks ago

!
By accident?

I know we’re talking about trivial stories that would have gone mega through social media but I can help thinking about what twitter etc would have looked like if 9/11 happened today or if the smart phone saturation of today was around then

1 Like