New The War on Drugs

New album going to sound similar to LITD judging by this song. Pleasant enough.

It goes on for far too long, and thatā€™s coming from me*!!!

*Grateful Dead/Phish/Tangerine Dream/Klaus Schulze fan.

By about 5 minutes yes

1 Like

looking forward to suck my cock part 2

6 Likes

Nice enough, no doubt thereā€™ll be a couple of shorter zingers on the album.

My thoughts exactly.

Better after two or three listens. Was a little underwhelmed when I heard the first play on Laverneā€™s show this am.
Wonder if itā€™s on the new album ?

Really looking forward to this albumā€¦ saw them live in a pretty small venue in Indianapolis a couple of years ago, they were magnificent & seemed really decent sorts as well.

Definitely my favourite band who re-appropriate Sultans of Swing for the indie millenials.

6 Likes

Yep, Iā€™d go ā€œpleasantā€, but largely ā€œunderwhelmingā€. It does go on a bit and Iā€™m not sure that it does anything very interesting after a couple of listens, but am hoping that the album will be very good anyway.

Meow.

I do genuinely still like them

Yeah, theyā€™re great. I know what you mean though

Really it just boils down to having a soft spot for dire straits

5 Likes

I saw them described as ā€˜the perfect mix of Sonic Youth and Springsteenā€™ somewhere and I thought that was pretty cool.

4 Likes

Really liked the last two albums, but saw them live on the last tour and found his Dylan style talking (and singing) voice, and Neil Young moves across the stage (seemed too obvious) a bit annoying and too derivative for me.

Ā£34 (Manchester). Never been that convinced with them live to be honest.

1 Like

Enjoyed much of their Roundhouse gig sometime back, but not enough to find my way to Ally Pally. Canā€™t recall a particularly good gig experience there.

yeah fuck that, I want to see them but aint dropping Ā£70 on a pair of tickets. #brexit