New The War on Drugs

I’ve got an 80 song “Kurt on Drugs” playlist that I’ve been hammering all week

1 Like

Guitars on Pain are just so good

1 Like

Totally agree. Having eschewed the Dire Straits sound of the last album, they are now starting to sound like Foreigner.

1 Like

Must admit - I found LITD a bit rich on release but have recently really taken a lot from the textures and precision of the album. It’s so so well crafted - and these new singles have that same lovely feel.

Can understand how it sounds a bit mannered to some but to me it sounds like a lot of complex things slotting in perfectly together.

1 Like

Missed a trick not releasing this a few days before father’s day.

3 Likes

It’s a beaut. Also consider it to be one of the most unflinching portraits of nervous breakdown I’ve heard as well. probs just the right record at the right/wrong time for me but jeez, dude literally says he’s going backwards after spending the whole record toiling against it.

1 Like

It sounds incredible doesn’t it? Guy really knows how to make the studio sing.

2 Likes

That Holding On one…it’s really good, but I can’t help thinking it would be better if Bruce Springsteen was singing it.

1 Like

Not heard the new one yet but how good is Strangest Thing. Still blowing my mind

2 Likes

it’s fucking amazing, track of the year for me so far. this album is going to be amazing

3 Likes

This is heading towards AOTY territory before even hearing the full thing…

1 Like

There seems to be two main opinions ITT

• I’m not really into these guys, might give it a whirl
  • This is clearly AOTY from the four tracks I have heard

0 voters

• I’m really into these guys but these new songs aren’t as good as the last record
  • Preferred their earlier stuff m8

0 voters

Imagine if they’ve saved revealing the best tracks for when the full album drops!:astonished:

If you’ve got a spare hour or so…

“it’s possible that the five songs they HAVE NOT released are, in fact, the best, most obvious choices for singles.”

Oh my god!

Two good bands, but who are better?

• War On Drugs
  • Besnard Lakes
  • The War on Drugs
  • The Besnard Lakes

0 voters

Also, I think Besnard Lakes are a bit shit