New ways of speaking and wording that does your nut in

1. When people say something like “Its both a positive AND a negative” - yes, I can comprehend that there’ll be good and bad and shades of in between to most decisions. I get it. You’re not some omnipotent being that has to boil it down for me because I’m a dribbling imbecile. Stop it.

2. When people say “absolutely” before advice, like “you absolutely you should go on holiday” or whatever. Makes my skin crawl. When did this start?! It needs to stop.

Your turn.

1 Like

I’ve started saying “God bless” accidentally and it’s properly stupid

7 Likes

People saying “can I get” when ordering things in shops / bars etc. No you can’t get it, but you may have it if you ask properly you fucking doughnut.

7 Likes

I am here for this thread

14 Likes

When people say super rather than very.

2 Likes

that is super annoying to be fair

Most of the stuff like this is things that I find really funny that anyone would care about

13 Likes

Veryman

10 Likes

“Erm, I think you’ll find you mean figuratively, not literally…” - A deliberately obtuse pedant who has little to no joy in their life

15 Likes

More when people develop fad dialect into their regular way of speaking that annoys me, babbbyyyyyy

4 Likes

Stay golden, pony boy(s)

1 Like

no one:
absolutely no one:
me: *joke*

i mean it’s annoying as fuck anyway, but shouldn’t it be

everyone:
me: *joke*

8 Likes

Yeah, people saying “bae” out loud, for example, is annoying but in a funny way.

1 Like

Gonna have a poo in your hot tub

2 Likes

Oh look, here he comes, the “King of Concise” the “Baron of Brevity” the “Succinct Superintendent”

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sorry, Absolutely gonna have a poo in your hot tub

1 Like

COMIC FOIL TO RICHIE_RONCO, AS PLAYED BY A YOUNG JOHN CLEESE: "Ello, sir, but the doughnuts do not take your order for they are the products that we sell! (insert several increasingly absurd and angry rewordings of that point here)

4 Likes

Fuck

You’re right

Using beyond to signify an extreme e.g. I am beyond bored

yeah it’s just people who talk like twitter in real life that rile me up

3 Likes