New Year Healthier Living

You’re so strong! :muscle:

I do deadlifts with a puny 50kg and it destroys me. I can’t imagine lifting twice that much for even 1 rep.

bear in mind carmen is 6’7. still impressive, like.

3 Likes

i did 4 lengths 80kg farmers walks yesterday and it ruined me and my long monkey arms! 100kg is very impressive

1 Like

First weigh in in a month at under 11 stone, which has been a real barrier to get through. I’ve got to 11 stone, but not under it. Now to stay under.

(not going to happen - Fajitas for dinner later)

Tbf it’s much easier to go heavier with a trap bar than a barbell, something to do with the weight distribution I guess? Also I’m a tiny person so I don’t have to lift it very high for it to count.

Just did a dance class thing. Weirdest exercise I’ve ever done. The instructor was well fit and must be a proper dancer and she was pretty much doing a strip routine but more energetic. Obviously not sexy when all us idiots were doing it. There was a lot of hysterical screams from the women who go regularly, lile scream therapy but kind of felt a bit like being in a cult. Then at the end she was basically trying to be a sexy cat, and then ended by making everyone pretend to be Bond Girls and kept winking at me aiming her imaginary gun at me, and blowing it. I honestly wondered if she was going to start felating it.

22 Likes

So what you’re saying is you’re going back next week?

3 Likes

Sounds brilliant/awful :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve signed up for a full term.

I actually have but only because it’s my only free day to exercise and it’s the only class I can find. That and that the woman had some really sexy shoulders.

2 Likes

Nah, sod the caveats, you’re just damn strong! :muscle:

2 Likes

that sounds like a nightmare

a sexy nightmare

5 Likes

Literally the only time I get, apart from Tuesday mornings, is during my commute so I walk to work instead of the bus. Its made a big difference and it’s also lovely to have an hour each way of thinking or podcasts and to be completely isolated rather than be squeezed on a bus next to someone.

1 Like

Yeah, that will definitely help! Hope you manage to find some time somehow.

1 Like

Could you run home? Or run the last part home?

I don’t think I’d be able to fit in my running if I didn’t do it instead of a tube commute.

You work 26 miles away from your office?!

13?

cycle

Haha imagine someone doing a marathon every morning before work

2 Likes

Week one: -4 lbs

To celebrate, I’m having 80g of apricot wheats instead of 70g. Decadent. Also it finished off the packet.

11 Likes