New Year Healthier Living

Pasta is definitely a type of salad

4 Likes

ā€œnoā€ or very low carb.

a satsuma is probably between 5-10g, same with 100g of yoghurt.

you sure you donā€™t mean 40g of carbs per day?

1 Like

Maybe 40g, then. I just do what Iā€™m told. I need to research this so that I can argue with him.

7 Likes

It amazes me how much you can weigh later in the day compared to first thing.

Potty training has driven me to stress eating the last few day so whatever you lose Iā€™ll probably gain (wish Iā€™d never remembered the jar of Nutella in my cupboard!)

• Now: 71kg
  • Goal: 65 kg

Letā€™s do this. Have already binned off booze and crap food, and a week into the new seasonā€™s race training.

2 Likes

Weighing in at 72kg.
Pretty happy with that tbh but wouldnā€™t mind popping just below the 70kg mark but then again I am also trying to get bare muscley so who knows!

2 Likes

Fuck

After losing two stone Iā€™ve put a bit back on over Christmas. Starting back up again next sat with a 3 month challenge again. Hoping to lose at least another stone or so.

3 Likes

:drooling_face:

1 Like

On new yearā€™s day at Co-op the lady was pushing a trolley with marked down items and Clive picked up something that was Ā£2.40 and said, ā€œCan you do a better reduction on this?ā€ She got out her price labelling thing and swiped on a 40p sticker and said, ā€œHappy new year!ā€ with a grin. I was incredulous.

5 Likes

think iā€™m gonna ease off the booze as much as i can for the next month or so

wonā€™t do the waistline any harm

I want to be interviewed for an article like this in forty yearsā€™ time

3 Likes

I stayed off the booze for three months, drinking only soda and lime when out. It made no difference whatsoever. weeps uncontrollably

haha you shouldnā€™t be telling me this :shushing_face:

Stick to gin/vodka and diet/slimline mixers or white wine and you can still drink. Clive has type 1 diabetes so weā€™re aiming to be low carb and that in itself is good for losing weight while still eating healthily.

I know they are a bit of an industry but I think slimming world etc are great in terms of educating portion size and balanced meals.

Nice to do it with group support too I reckon.

3 Likes

Today iā€™ve eaten:

3 x Magnums
7 x packets of Walkers crisps
1 x pack of cheese-stuffed peppers
1 x large pack of Manomasa tortilla chips

13 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m not off to a roaring start myself. Potty training related stress eating, mostly Nutella related.

Pretty much every female in my in-laws family does slimming world and they really like it and have loads of friends through it. Canā€™t say if itā€™s ā€˜effectiveā€™ per se but socially at least itā€™s a really effective.

1 Like