New Year Healthier Living

Post it here pls

1 Like

I eat quite a lot of protein from source, but still need to have at least one shake a day to get in protein and calories. I think you can also get lower cal versions which are just high in protein and very good for making you feel full too!

1 Like

Worth noting that fat is not bad, per se, and it’s perfectly possible to have a healthy diet that includes a lot of fat in it. Things like nuts, seeds, fish all have a lot of fat and are all perfectly healthy.

If MFP gives you a break down of fats, then unsaturated fats (nuts, seeds, fish) are generally good, trans fats (stuff like fried food, cakes) are generally really bad and saturated fats (red meat, dairy) aren’t great but aren’t the end of the world.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

so true. Without fats our bodies can’t absorb many nutrients or function properly, and the good fats are actually good for things like heart health. However, they are still calorific per gram compared to other types of nutrition, and if somebody is following a calorie deficit type diet then, in order to incorporate the good fats, they’ll need to trim cals elsewhere which can be so hard (but necessary for wider health reasons, even though it feels counter intuitive.)

2 Likes

Won’t lie, my fat is primarily sourced from chocolate, pastry, and ice cream :flushed:

1 Like

Made a well balanced meal plan for next week. Still a bit short on protein and fibre but much much closer. Will see how it goes but feeling good about it.

2 Likes

Tastier than avocado and almonds in many, many ways. :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Go and smash it pal xx

2 Likes

Fair enough, but I don’t think you need to get too stressed by macro breakdown etc just yet. You’ve been doing amazingly well!

Long term, yeah, moving towards a well balanced meal plan is a great idea, so fingers crossed you enjoy it this week! The best diet/exercise for weight loss though is basically the one you enjoy and stick to - and this is clearly working out okay for you right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

what app is good for tracking weight lifting progress please

I really like Strong. Think I paid a few quid for it, but the graphs made me happy so it was worth it.

1 Like

0.5lb this week (3st 8lb overall)

Still really struggling. Calculated I had about 10,000 calories over Saturday and Sunday, and another 5,000 today. Think I got ahead of myself with the surgery thing, and something that was essentially agreed in principal hasn’t been formally agreed yet and may not be for some time. And there’s a bureaucratic step I haven’t expected which is proving difficult (and will require another trip to London).

Feel if I can get it confirmed and booked in I’ll get my motivation back, but as it is I just feel like giving up.

fitnotes

1 Like

strong is brilliant, but I needed the full version and they changed it from a one off payment of a couple of quid to a monthly subscription

and fuck that

Ah no way. I got mine years ago when it was one off, obv.

+1 for fitnotes in that case!

You’re doing really well! Hope you get back on track

2 Likes

Just a quick check in. 5lbs so far (5lbs total). Only 1 week in and I know lots of it will be water. Nice to feel a bit of momentum though.

Was craving sugar for first three days but now getting that nice feeling where relatively unsweet things (eg Fage yoghurt) start to taste sweet.

4 Likes

Nice one! How’s the gym going?

Had an unexpectedly busy work week so it isn’t really :upside_down_face:. Extended my walk to work so have managed a few 10,000 step days, which is some consolation. I need to establish a habit and stop making excuses, basically.

I’m hoping next week will be better.

clocking in at around/just under 14st. not too bad for me considering Im not dieting as such.
think over the summer I should lose half a stone and be where I want weight wise.