New Year Healthier Living

Just bought some, what a sucker. Bulk powders have 50% off today.

i just put in an order with myprotein

their protein dessert is absolutely banging. basically salted caramel angel delight :yum:

And @profk just had my first collagen - how soon before I start looking and feeling ten years younger?

Just made a protein/bcaa/collagen hybrid shake - what have I become?

1 Like

The effects are immediate! Run to a mirror!

1 Like

can i get the same effect eating jelly babies

30.31 5k today. getting closer to beating 30 mins!

7 Likes

29.44 :muscle:

12 Likes

nice work! :smiley:

1 Like

Cheers! Sub 20 nowā€¦

PB of 8x3 80kg barbell deadlifts today which is awesome as thatā€™s what I weigh

I could deadlift myself several times in a row now

8 Likes

Nice one! Thatā€™s what Iā€™m lifting too but Iā€™m a bit heavier so I think you win :smiley:. My deadlift is the one thing that keeps improving every time so itā€™s obviously my fave.

1 Like

Mineā€™s back squats, Iā€™m on 65kg atm but Iā€™ll be chuffed when Iā€™m lifting 80kg that way

Urgh back squats are my absolute worst. I struggle with 60kg so badly and last time my knees just flat out refused and I could barely go down with 40. Need to put a lot more effort into that one! Iā€™m away for three weeks over Christmas and wonā€™t get into a gym and Iā€™m worried when I come back I wonā€™t be able to do anything anymore :grimacing:

Nah the break will do you good, every time I go away for work for 2-3 weeks I come back and start pretty much where I left off (although after my first session back this time I couldnā€™t take stairs for three days)

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to know, I havenā€™t had a break of more than 2-3 days so was a bit worried it would all evaporate. Maybe a can do squats with my back pack in my hotel room or something :smiley:

1 Like

So now weā€™re at the end of 2019 how has everyoneā€™s year gone? Did you achieve what you set out to at the start of the year?

Iā€™m a lot fitter, stronger and lighter than I started the year and Iā€™ve been pretty consistent at going to the gym so I guess thatā€™s a win. However I know I couldā€™ve done a lot better and particularly in the last month my eating habits have kind of cancelled out any progress in the gym. Obviously want to rectify that in the new year and also work on stress, sleep and hydration.

7 Likes

I never quite made it to consistently below 11 stone, but I think the better result is for me to be happy at being 11 stone and a pound or two. Now Iā€™m working from home a couple of days a week I donā€™t go out for my lunchtime walk so Iā€™m not doing quite so much exercise as I was. But thatā€™s OK.

And maybe Iā€™ll have weeks where I do better and might get down to 11 stone, but the key thing is Iā€™m not putting weight on consistently (although I might ignore what happens in the next two weeks)

3 Likes

first 3/4 pretty good i guess

last couple of months diet has gone to shit but oh well. thereā€™s always next year.

1 Like

Does anyone actually keep their back straight when doing squats?

Also Iā€™m SO wobbly when I havenā€™t done them for a while* and feel like Iā€™m not doing them properly at all so whatā€™s the point?
Urgh.

*bloody ages tbh

Wanted to lose 40lbs, Iā€™ve lost 32. Better than nowt, good base to work on next year.

Iā€™ve kept up my exercise, so much fitter than I was at the start of the year. Have also stuck to my diet changes and feel great for it.

A long, long, long way to go, but itā€™s a huge improvement overall and probably the only good thing about this year. Looking forward to getting stuck in next year.

11 Likes