New Year's Day daily thread!

Good morning all!

Hope you’re all well. We were woken up at precisely 7.00am by my eldest wishing us a happy new year. Nevertheless I slept through the fireworks and feel pretty fresh.

Plans for the day? We’re going for a short walk this morning then come back here for lunch. I also need to help the eldest build a robot for her Christmas project. We already have some boxes painted silver, but I need to give it wheels.

Anyway, happy new year, you absolutely lovely people x

1 Like

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I am tired. Serves me right for going to bed at 4.30

Slept badly, still ill. Husband didn’t get in until 7 and woke me up. Grumpy.

Morning and HNY CCB, Rich, Roasty, assorted others. Got work 9.30-5 so have obviously been awake for an hour already. Tired and cba, already cannot wait to get home, off til Friday after today.

Feliz año nuevo!

@colon_closed_bracket I think I love you, can I live with you…?

Had a nice little soirée, 3 minutes into cooking the hob broke :confused: so made a roux in the microwave… people still seemed to like the food though. Got to bed about 2ish which ain’t too bad

Happy new year one and all x

• Run 10km
  • FO, M

0 voters

1 Like

Here’s hoping 2019 is a GBOY

No idea what I’m doing today, let the kids stay up so no idea when they’ll emerge from their respective lairs.

Hello! Went to the aquarium today. I think it was the only thing open in Sydney, and as such it was ranmed, mainly with fucking twats who think nothing of pushing past and getting in the way of toddlers seeing things.

Off to the mountains tomorrow though, which should be much quieter.

Hello. Grumpy and tired. R is super grumpy too. Need to get out of the house but that will probably cause more grump just as much as it will cure it.

Happy New Year?

UWatched Blackkklansman last night with my cat. Hoping to have a far less isolated 2019.

Decided to try to make people think a little about what they can do to improve not just themselves but the world this year. Feel free to join in if you do Twitter. Here’s mine:

Here’s the post to quote tweet

9 Likes

Sure :slight_smile: not sure what I did to merit this but thank you all the same :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’s nice seany. I’ll have to have a think about things I can do.

just speaking from personal I had a pretty terrible 2018, and having this forum to be involved in made it significantly more bearable, so thanks for keeping things going even if tho it’s a ball ache. hny.

9 Likes

HNYKW! :tada::heart:

1 Like

can this be real

2 Likes

About to try a new walk from my house but I’m terrible at judging elevation etc from maps, so could take anywhere from three to six hours. Will take ~supplies~ just in case. That’s if I can find the path to start on, I tried a few months ago and failed, but might be easier now with less greenery.

have you ever tried komoot? it’s good for planning hikes. will show you total distance and elevation etc

Use viewranger which is good, but I can’t visualise numbers in ‘real terms’ (similar with distances etc). Its not going to be anything unmanageable, just may take more time than expected, especially if the ground is boggy.

1 Like

i use viewranger too, once I actually get outside. not tried plotting routes on it yet. usually make them some where else then import them. have fun!

1 Like

Ah so the other app is more planning? Will take a look

1 Like

Morning all!

I’ve had a bacon and tattie scone sandwich and a couple of coffees. I’d say I’m just tired rather than hungover.

We might do a walk outside later but it will only be to the park or something. The main event is the evening feast though.

Happy Steak Pie Day!

3 Likes