New Year's Day daily thread!

HNY! Family coming round in a bit so going to go for a walk along the canal. Made a chicken and chorizo casserole for when we get back.

real cards? or some epimer thing?

Our anniversary today. Off for a pizza express later, and then to see The Favourite :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

16 Likes

Just been handed a bacon and egg sandwich and a cup of tea. Also found some out of date toffee flapjacks for afterwards. This work lark isn’t bad sometimes.

4 Likes

In between. Not one of those clusternerd things. A stupid Guess The Word type thing.
I’m worried though that this is how it all begins and before I know it I’m trying to buy a warty troll for 6 oats and a cucumber

4 Likes

Morning! Happy 2019!

It’s a beautiful day here, tempted to get up to go for a walk but parents only made it home at FIVE am, tut tut. How much noise should I make? :thinking:

4 Likes

The first Muppet film just started on channel 4, this is exactly all I can cope with right now

1 Like

I am become death

7 Likes

Alright J. Robert Oppenheimer.

3 Likes

Oppy New Year!

3 Likes

Did you see the new year in with a bang?

1 Like

I want to go on long country walks with you and then curl up into your arms… you look like you give good hugs. Sorry this is weird :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think there was a thread last week but I may have imagined that

Had a ripe avocado for breakfast after a run of permanently hard ones (CWBAFT). A new year miracle.

Couldn’t get to sleep last night but at least the fireworks were brief.

A friend just asked me over to hers for the day but undecided yet as it’s a pain to get to on the best of days

1 Like

Aha! So there was.

1 Like

I concur with this. Even without country walks and hugs I think I’d just like to be your lodger.

1 Like

Or is it this one?

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/new-years-rezzos-for-2019/

This one seems more active

It’s a 100% beautiful day here, so the plan is for a big dog walk soonish. I’ve got a bunch of work to do, but it’s so nice that I really don’t mind.

Like a bunch of other people have already mentioned, thanks to everyone here for making this community such a welcoming, insightful, funny place. Everything’s a struggle a lot of the time, but this is somewhere I feel I can always come. Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Off to Lloyd’s

1 Like