New Year's Day Thread 2022

My autofill tells me that I started the New Year’s Day thread this time last year too.

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had a good evening, however you spent it. Do you have much planned for today? Plans for the CCB household:

• have a bit of a walk on the coast
  • fish and chips for lunch
  • come home and take down the tree/decorations
  • put our feet up (and/or help the eldest build a Lego lunar lander if necessary).

Hope you’re all well though. Can’t promise that 2022 is going to be much better than 2021 but we’ve got each other, and that’s something isn’t it? Yes, it is.

19 Likes

Happy New Year DiS

Off to do ParkRun in a bit. I’m confident I’ll get my best time this year so far. Oh.

13 Likes

Going to take the Willy pup to Caffe Nero for breakfast shortly to set off she settles. We don’t really get much bonding time at home because Sascha pup is very bossy/needy so I’m hoping it can become a weekly thing that we do.

Will take down the tree and do some tidying I guess.

Happy New Year all :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Morning/ HNY colon et al!

I’m up with The Child watching Bluey but I’ll be eating smoked salmon and bagels once Wor Lass wakes up.

We’re making a steak pie today which is a bit of a Scottish(?)/ West of Scotland tradition. We’ll be eating leftovers from our excellent takeaway last night for lunch too. I’m assuming there’ll be a thread.

We might take the decorations down if we can but I would like a day of low activity followed by a nice bottle of wine if possible.

7 Likes

Morning fitties

Having a big ol lazy day til the eve, then taking t’mrs to see Wicked coz it’s on her lil bucket list for this year

6 Likes

Alright

5 Likes

Alright?

Alright!

1 Like

My first post of the year :sunglasses:

Gonna do more daily thread reading/posting this year I reckon. Get a bit more DiS under my belt in 2022.

11 Likes

Toddler got me up at 530 so she could do a poo in the toilet. The start to 2022 I was hoping for…

13 Likes

HNY ya filthy animals

18 Likes

Happy New Year folks.
Plan is coffee then assess the situation carefully.

5 Likes

Its 2022, I’ll stay indoors

3 Likes

New Year’s greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

14 Likes

Beer me

5 Likes

Morning! :wave:

Got woken at 7am by one of the cats puking, so that was nice. I got back in bed though and am still there.

Going to go for a nice walk today.

3 Likes

In bed with Covid. Feel like crap but it’s nothing to serious. But if this is the light version I don’t want the bad one. :grimacing:

Going to stay in bed and watch the Expanse.

2 Likes

Morning/happy new year

Dog walk
Bacon sandwich
Put outside xmas lights away
Wash the car

1 Like

Morning morning!!

Also in team #deChristmas
Then going to sit about and watch some telly, for a change
Make something nice for dinner I reckon.

2 Likes

Get well soon!! Keep resting and fluids up. X

12 Likes