New Year's Day Thread 2022

just panicked remembering a fact I told someone at a party a few months ago. just looked it up and it was complete nonsense. they probably looked it up later, and think I’m a massive tit now.

What was the fact

‘galicia has the densest road network in europe’

3 Likes

this is the sort of thing I talk to people about at parties.

5 Likes

That person immediately after the party

research-typing-1

8 Likes

Looks at this smug list. I hate it (even if I agree with the one about onions and I only ever chop them in my little electric chopper)

Some privileged takes in there too - oh why don’t you just stop working full time?

Which one do you hate most?

I’m going to go with: 99 Staying over at a friend’s place? Strip the bed in the morning.

1 Like

Idgi help me

• They didn’t look it up
  • Oh they definitely did and now think the prof is a massive tit

0 voters

This is so, so annoying. I’m gripped.

1 Like

To clarify, it’s very nice if someone strips the bed but unless the mattress has never been slept on by someone who has periods, leave it on please

5 Likes

my mate does this, and I’m almost certain blasting cold water at yourself in the shower only feels good because of the hot water after. its like saying being punched in the face is good for you because you enjoy the soothing effects of a hot water bottle and painkillers after.

3 Likes

I do a cold blast on my hair but keep my entire body out of the water when I do. I did have a phase when I was younger of trying to blast cold on my boobs too which I think girls magazines drum into you but thankfully I’ve gotten over that.

1 Like

The literally just repeat what the contestant just says sometimes.

Good show though

Sorry, my 11-year-old brain processed both of those as euphemisms for shagging.

2 Likes

85 Don’t get a pet/do get a pet.

1 Like

I did this once, even put it in the washing machine for him.

because I’d been sick all over it in the night

5 Likes

Yeah, fair enough if it’s to hide/wash away your own shameful fluids but I think you need to own up to that reasoning to them once it’s done so the person who owns the bed can cancel out their own bad vibes about having had their old periods exposed without consent :laughing:

5 Likes

HNY

They just don’t give a fuck by number 85 do they.

3 Likes

Aha!! Haha and I thought I had a filthy mind!!

1 Like