Newish supermarket snacks you've investigated

Yeah I can’t eat Flipz because I never stop. Incredible scenes.

2 Likes

i’m in the UK for a couple of weeks, can I please get a definitive list of supermarket snacks released within the past 9 months that I should be trying.

Was on the phone to my mate earlier, and he said they’d tweaked Tesco’s finest sausage and mash ready meal and that it was now even more luxurious. can anyone confirm this?

these are better

My little brother used to go for therapy in Golders Green and my mum would always bring back latkes. Those were always nice, especially with apple sauce.

2 Likes

This is just a rebadged kids cereal

Everything Oreo and Oreo-related can fuck off.

There’s something utterly desperately presumptuous about the advertising for them that seems to be based around us catching up with America and taking the shitty sub-biscuits to our heart like they have, as if we’ve not already got plenty of delicious biscuity goodness that shits on their pisspoor offering from a great height.

9 Likes

I think I might be in love with you

1 Like

I like Oreos - but they look like cat treats. No thanks

1 Like

These from Lidl are really nice.
large

3 Likes

Said like a true Brexiteer! British biscuits for British people!

1 Like

Lidl biscuits are all delicious. Going later, might have to stock up.

I prefer big ones ahahahahahaha

2 Likes

It’s weird because Beer52 sends a pack out with each of their boxes, and as good as the crisps are they are a realllly bad match for craft beer. Nice with a plain lager maybe, but how are you gonna taste the subtleties of a DDH DIPA when your mouth is on fire from some spicy crisps??

Didn’t even go in the end, joke’s on me!

1 Like

Au contraire! As Shiggo points, out, the Teutonic chaps on the continent know a thing or two about delicious biscuits.

While we’re on the subject of biscuits, Deutschland, and ruddy gruddy Brexity propaganda - as I’m sure you already, know re: Empire biscuits, but for the FYI of those that don’t…

The biscuit was originally known as the “Linzer Biscuit”, and later the “Deutsch Biscuit”. With the outbreak of the First World War it was renamed: in England to Empire biscuit, in Scotland to Belgian biscuit because Belgium had just been invaded, but in Northern Ireland it remains known as the German Biscuit or biscuit bun.

Mmmmmm. Biscuits.

imagine buying fucking Oeros over Choco Leibniz.

Laughably absurd.

9 Likes

Genuinely the choice of a wrong 'un.

1 Like

Got through a tub of these in the space of a week. The perfect beer snack. Crispy pretzel pieces filled with peanut butter. Salty / sweet / crunchy. Available in Costco. 10/10 would eat 56 servings (yeah right, EIGHT is a mouthful, not a serving) again.

1 Like

1 Like

Decent

5 Likes