NFL Draft 2020

Actual kind of real-life sports, happening this week (Thursday night to be precise)! REMOTELY.

Yes, the glitz and glamour of the NFL draft that was meant to happen in Vegas and involve players riding a boat across the Bellagio fountains (incredible) will now consist of old men in pyjamas on the world’s most cologne-heavy Zoom call.

Conventional wisdom holds that the Bengals will take one year wunderkind Joe Burrow with the number one pick, while Washington will nab the consensus best player Chase Young at two. After that, it’s all to play for, with the fate of talented-but-injured Tua Tagavailoa and tall, tall Justin Herbert being key to what happens next. Expect lots of tackles and lots of WRs to go early.

Feel free to chat about draft needs for your team, predictions and expectations. I’ll try set up some polls too though I can’t promise to keep tabs of peoples guesses and scores or whatever.

1 Like

How many QBs will go in the first round?

• More than 5

0 voters

• Burrow and Young will go one and two
  • Something else

0 voters

• There will be some kind of technical malfunction
  • It will all run smoothly

0 voters

• There will be at least two trades within the top ten
  • One or fewer trades in the top ten

0 voters

The first receiver off the board will be

• CeeDee Lamb
  • Jerry Jeudy
  • Henry Ruggs III

0 voters

Who will lose a pick because their connection goes down

• The Browns
  • The Jets
  • The Lions

0 voters

Giants, reckon this’ll be one rodeo too many for Gettleman’s fax machine.

1 Like

any good names? I mean chase young is pretty good already :laughing:

• The Jaguars will trade Ngakoue and Fournette
  • The Jaguars will trade one of Ngakoue and Fournette
  • The Jags will trade neither player

0 voters

Is the prospect of Burrow enough to get you back on the Bengals bandwagon proper?

I miss Justin Herbert :sob:

• pats will go for a qb
  • pats will stick with stidham

0 voters

Seems to be a very divisive prospect, lot of people think that he’s the safest QB on the board after Burrow, all the traits you’d want, but others think he’s a gangly nerd who makes bad decisions. I haven’t seen him play, but hope someone falls in love with him and feels like they have to jump up to get him.

1 Like

Been reading up on Isaiah Simmons. Seems a quite ridiculous player

Can see them drafting one in later rounds but don’t think they’ll make a big swing for one.

With Trevor Lawrence next year, if I were a QB needy team I’d think about sitting this year out tbh

Take his game in the college football national championship game between his Clemson Tigers and LSU. He played 27 snaps as a prototypical linebacker. The rest were split all over the place: 21 as pass-rusher, nine along the defensive line, eight as a rotating safety attacking downhill, seven in the slot, six as a deep-lying safety, and nine as a cornerback patrolling the boundary.

1 Like
  • Packers overload defensive line
  • Dolphins trade deep to get top WR

0 voters

As long as Joe Mixon is on the team, no. Rumours abound that he’ll hold out though…

If nothing else they’ll be more interesting to watch this year, but I can’t see them making real progress until they cut bait on people like Gio Bernard, Shawn Williams, Andy Dalton and (sigh) AJ Green because they’re expensive relics from an era of success that never really happened.

1 Like

He does sound ridiculous but I wonder how well he’d translate. I remember a few years ago Jabrill Peppers was hyped as this go-anywhere, do anything player (I think he did punt returns and some snaps at RB as well as safety and so on), but he’s never really found a fit in the NFL.