NFL Fantasy 2018

A combined 1-27? It’s absolutely done you there, that would be a hell of a year! No idea what you’ve done to offend them, especially that first one, looks absolutely fine for a 12 team league.

2 Likes

I didn’t end up with any shares in him but thought he’s a good low floor/ high ceiling guy in the 3rd. I much referred Doug Baldwin as a safer option with a similar ceiling in the same range tbh.

However, I can see the logic. The talent is there, Carr may be a little more consistent this year and Crabtree has gone meaning he is definite top dog for the Raiders.

If you dig a little deeper Gruden has form for feeding his no. 1 target as well.

1 Like

Div 1:

A, 10-4, 4th place. Doesn’t seem to mind that I’ve left myself with almost no receivers. Hopefully Jones and/or Penny come good and I can trade for a receiver later on. Kept getting sniped for TEs so ended up with probably 2.5 games of Eifert during the season.

Keeper:

A-, 12-2, 3rd. Hanging on to Gurley, Cook and Gronk makes life a lot easier. As mentioned above, this was a nightmare draft in the car, on reflection it doesn’t look so bad. Didn’t notice I drafted Ronald Jones in both leagues, I guess I’m ALL IN on him this year. Had absolutely no plans to draft him. RB depth is shocking, that’s keeper for you though.

Overall I rate this year’s drafting experience a D-.

V happy with my receivers;

Allen
Diggs
Woods
Gordon
Crowder

Less enamoured with my rbs.

Think I need jimmy g (no, the other one) to turn into a red zone monster with Rodgers to be competitive though.

Mixed bag, got Jimmy Graham in both my leagues so guaranteed to get crocked

Thank the lord that you have the never injured Tyler Eifert backing him up then!

1 Like

Genuinely can’t read his name without seeing it as Tyler Eif-hurt.

Yep, that’s me. Considering Bell still isn’t reporting and as you say, the reports are that this is probably the last season Bell is at the Steelers. Hopefully, Connor goes off this season and they trade Bell to another team mid-season.

I don’t think there’s any chance of Bell not reporting (though that could be the hopeful Steeler in me) but you’ve probably got a first or second round value keeper for next year for 15th Round. I don’t see the Steelers going running back high in the draft next year given Connor and Jalen Samuels pre-seasons. I don’t think there’s any chance Bell will be in Pittsburgh next year, someone else will pay him in free agency.

Bell also has to be one of the biggest injury risks in football this year so you may even get immediate pay off.

Agree there, think it’s just a lot of posturing really. Steelers really should pay the man. Yeah, they went in for his replacement this year and might have them.

Agreed, not practicing sees injuries happening.

How are the Bell owners feeling?

Urlacher Faith is Disturbing (keeper)

Qb - Newton
Rb - Hunt*, d Freeman*, K Johnson, Booker, A Jones
Wr - Brown*, Adams, Jackson (soon to be John Ross via waivers), Crowder, Moore
Te - Ertz, Kittle
Def - jags
Kicker - goatkowski

Auto drafted, so could have been a lot worse. Injuries aside, just the flex spot is a concern, but happy to have Johnson in case he turns out good and a decent keeper next year.

Gruden to the Beat, Div 1

qb - luck, mahomes
Rb - Gurley, howard, Royce freeman, John Kelly, Morris
Wr - hogan, Evans, Edelman, Agholor, John brown
Te - Rudolph
Def - Ravens (mainly for week 1, sorry @mildmanneredjanitor @ghostpony :wink: )
Kicker - Boswell

Totally fluked into actually being there for the draft, in a weird reflection of those who couldn’t make it. Missed the first pick, but I guess I’ll make do with Gurley II. Bit of a chance with Capt. Andrew Luck, but think mahomes will be a good fantasy qb if not real life (interceptions matter less). Happy with starting line up, like this team a bunch.

Had to autodraft in my in-laws league as it was in the middle of the night for me. Very concerned about the RB situation here, but hey, at least I got the two top defences!

1 Like

Big fan of the weather guide

Yeah, Yahoo in general is a pain though, took me fucking ages to log back into my account.

Drafted my work league last night, I was pretty happy with it last night but looking at it now…might be a bit risky.

D Brees
R Freeman
S Barkley
D Baldwin
R Woods
G Kittle
D Johnson
Lions DST

Bench:
D Booker
K Johnson
J Crowder
D Parker
K Stills
J Washington

Am I a mad man?

It’s a small thing, but the Lions defence is going to be a tire fire, you can almost certainly get a better one off waivers or stream through the season (though they might do okay against Darnold’s Jets this week).

1 Like

Duke!

Yeah I regret getting Parker, it was a panic pick but there isn’t much on the waivers at the moment. I’m going to keep an eye out for someone to breaks out.

I’m thinking of streaming them. I largely got them because I’m a Lions prediction-wise the DSTs on the board were much of a muchness. I may pick up the NE DST after week one.

…This was for @hip_young_gunslinger

No such luck, top 3 (projected) on the waiver are Tyell Williams, Quincy Enunwa and Jermaine Kearse.