NFL Off season thread 2021

We can’t be hanging out in the Superbowl thread forever guys. Contemporise!

Fill this thread with off-season moves, draft chat, crime updates, examples of how forward thinking and progressive the NFL is, and laughing at the Texans. Sorry AJ.

2 Likes

Has any team gone from reliable playoff contender to absolute basket case as quickly as the Texans have? What did O’Brien do to that place? Did he shit in the kettle and hide fish behind the radiator on his way out too?

1 Like

49ers after the 2013 Superbowl? Protracted divorce from Harbaugh, even more protracted divorce from Kaepernick, hiring a vagrant as head coach, replacing him with Chip Kelly…

1 Like

Which of the following quarterbacks will be day one starters next year (at any team)?

• Carson Wentz
  • Taysom Hill
  • Jameis Winston
  • Jordan Love
  • Mitch Trubisky
  • Sam Darnold
  • Alex Smith
  • Drew Lock
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • Jimmy Garoppolo

0 voters

Became GM

1 Like
1 Like

Holy shit, I have zero recollection of Chip Kelly being with the Niners.

1 Like

Oversaw a 2-14 record with what looks like the saddest selection of skill position talent I’ve ever seen on an NFL roster. Pretty sure none of those receivers actually exist.

In the past 3 or so years the Texans have let (or pushed) the following out of the building:

DeAndre Hopkins
JJ Watt
Tyran Mathieu
Duane Brown
Kareem Jackson
Jonathan Joseph
Jadeveon Clowney

That’s terrific, terrific work before you even begin to consider the possibility of Watson going. The McNairs are a joke.

Looking forward to next season :upside_down_face:

At least they had all star tight ends Garrett Celek, Jim Dray and Je’ron Hamm to pick up the slack

1 Like

Completely blanked that he was at Houston

2 Likes

It was on a cheap one-year, play to show your value deal after a rough couple of years to start his career. But he played pretty well for us and in hindsight it’s obvious we should have held on to him.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of Jim Dray but that name just screams blocking tight end.

8 seasons. 56 receptions for 605 yards. Think you might be right

1 Like

Feel like pure shit just want Jim Tomsula back

Raheem Mostert was a thing then?

Bounced through a load of teams and practice squads and spent ages at the bottom of the 49ers depth chart before breaking out last season

Woah.

Just saw :frowning: 38 is absolutely no age at all

Oh wow, can’t believe that. Funnily enough I don’t remember much of his playing career (the Bucs teams he was a part of weren’t much to write home about) but when I was getting into the NFL I think he was the first marquee free agent I remember when he moved from San Diego (can still remember that it was 5 years, $55m). Always felt oddly significant for some reason.