NFL Off season thread 2021

A quick review finds that I stick to fish in a barrel obvious wins on the whole. Foles to Jags for $88m wouldn’t work out! Bears trading up one spot for Trubisky was a really bad idea! Not exactly edging out on that limb.

1 Like

Still not as bad as the Bears take on that draft

1 Like

This one works out a bit better for you.

carr

1 Like

Let the crime wave begin.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31141247/marshon-lattimore-new-orleans-saints-arrested-suspicion-receiving-stolen-property-report-says

Big trade action!

San Fran trades for Miami’s third pick, then Miami trades for Philly’s sixth pick.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN

@Acorn How likely do you think Atlanta are to take a QB?

What did San Fran give up?

and still have the 6th pick, winner winner for the Dolphins that is.

EDIT: Nevermind I don’t know how to read. Still like it for Miami.

1 Like

not very likely, as far as I can tell?

they will surely take the best player available, but I think there’s a good chance they’ll trade down - Kyle Pitts has been strongly linked.

at QB, Matty’s still the guy going forwards, and rightly so.

49ers want a QB, Dolphins are sticking with Tua, right?

this seems obvs, I guess that’s what you mean??

idk!

The value they’re getting from the Tunsil trade is unbelievable.

1 Like

Yeah I assume now it’s:

1. Jags - Lawrence
  2. Jets - Wilson / Fields / Lance
  3. Niners - Wilson / Fields / Lance
  4. Falcons - ???
  5. Bengals - BPA
  6. Dolphins - BPA
  7. Lions…

Just wondering if there’ll still be a QB on the board at 7. Of course someone could still trade up (Panthers in particular. But I wonder if Atlanta would deal to them. Dolphins again?)

I don’t think Belichick wants him back honestly, think he would be happy if Mac Jones fell his way in draft.

Have to think O Line for the Falcons I would imagine.

6th is what I’ve seen from the most recent mock, so I suppose the 'fins could still go for another QB…

would make sense for the Falcons if they want Pitts

Dolphins would’ve kept three if they were dead set on drafting another QB.

they’ll draft the best available, pretty sure that’s Terry Fontenot’s philosophy. think he’s on record as saying it?

I think, idk if I trust my memory

maybe they’re not sure and wanted to have a go with whoever’s left?

seems mad, though. what’s the deal with Tua?

TBF I think most GM’s say this, Gettleman certainly has and botched it (see taking Evan Engram when TJ Watt was best available), but it basically comes down to team needs most I would think. These GM’s go through all sorts of draft scenarios but ultimately that high of a pick it comes down to 1 guy they covet, or another after if draft was shaken up by unexpected picks/trades.