NFL Off season thread 2021

Another curio coming out of the Wentz trade: The Browns ended up trading every single pick they received in exchange for giving the Eagles second overall. The results were…not good.

3 Likes

Y’see, it’s all very well with the Browns being quite good and vaguely competent now, but life was a lot more straightforward when they could be relied upon to do absolutely everything badly. You knew where you were. Browns QBs came and went like the seasons, often within the same game. Men were men. The corned beef of our childhood was well remembered.

Am I blaming them becoming good-ish for the pandemic? Not directly, but they were undoubtedly simpler times.

Come on, Drew. Don’t be THAT guy!

1 Like

That got a teary laugh from a tired new dad. And for that, if nothing else, we thank you!

‘Share with contacts?’. Yes, sir!

1 Like

Think he’s waiting until June to retire for murky cap reasons I don’t fully understand. He’s restructured his contract so that his cap hit will only be the veterans minimum next year but the financial hole the Saints are in means that even if he stays he’ll be playing on the worst Saints team he’s ever been a part of.

Are you ready for some FOOTBAW?

1 Like

Also, inspired by Wentz not being given number 11 by Michael Pittman (lol), what number would you choose to wear as QB if you had a free choice?

0 voters

Believe QBs also have the option of wearing zero.

Have occasionally considered getting a George Plimpton jersey made up but it would be very wanky

2 Likes

Ooher

Hmmmmmm, three different sources but all writing for the same publication? Get the feeling someone is stirring the pot here. The Seahawks hold all the cards here, he’s under contract until 2023 and no-one can afford to trade for him unless the Chiefs offer Mahomes or something equally insane. Think this is a non-starter that’s only getting traction because it’s a slow news month.

I’m taking that as a come and get me plea to the Bears

If he were to leave (unlikely) it’s got to be Dallas right?

The Saints would be the most ready to win, but no idea how they could afford him (as flexible as the cap can be).

Could the Cowboys tag and trade Dak? Might be a goer I guess.

Not sure what’s in it for the Seahawks though, they don’t really value first rounders so I can’t imagine they’re interested in a pick haul, and why would you move on from one of the best QBs in the league?

1 Like

This is a bit bizarre. Saints, yep, built to win, need a QB. Cowboys, I guess, America’s team and all that, but they already have Dak (just about). Raiders - ? Bears - ?

Wouldn’t go to the Patriots? Or the Dolphins? Or a bunch of others that are better than either the Raiders or the Bears? I mean he’s not moving at all, why would he, but it’s an odd list and odd to produce a list at all.

2 Likes

Wilson’s smart enough to know that most legitimate contenders can’t afford or don’t need him, and moving anywhere else would probably blow such a hole in that team’s cap (he’s due $30m and rising for each remaining year of his contract) and draft capital that they wouldn’t be in any position to surround him with a winning roster.

1 Like
1 Like

Watching a terrible stream of SE Louisiana vs Sam Houston. Feel like an utter degenerate.

Can you believe NDSU got beat up as well? The FCS is WILD.

1 Like

I know he’s not what he was, but I’m not going to complain

3 Likes