NFL Offseason Thread

Did anybody here see the email from the NFL about the Academy they are doing in Barnet? It sounds pretty amazing https://www.nflacademy.com/

1 Like

Looooolllll

1 Like

Hey guys, thinking of changing the GM - we can do it when we have the number 3 pick and loads of cap space… or we can do it just after, when the players have been picked/signed, but not much idea how they’ll do as they won’t have played yet, so any incoming GM will basically be judged on the fired guy’s work for the first year… option 2, yeah?

2 Likes

In fairness, we did similar when we hired McDermott. Had the draft, fired Whaley then hired Beane.

Whaley hadn’t signed a running back and lb to eye-watering contracts that off season, however.

I refer back to my previous post on my considered thoughts on the matter.

ffs

1 Like

Goodness https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1128705828867977218?s=19

1 Like

Tbf, the most ideal time is possibly… October? Allows your scouts to get a good look at college prospects in actual games and training sessions rather than relying on tape. But that’s pretty nuts to do it in October. Hence why so many new GMs keep the same scouts as old regime until the next full off season. But still pretty amazing for the guy you hired to essentially fire you before a game’s been played

Read that the Jets signed the most guaranteed money ($121m) this off season, really terrific work all round.

2 Likes

Still will probably have more wins than the Giants. :sneezing_face:

Not a good start to the 2019 campaign for the 49ers.

All hail Frat Stafford

:raised_hands:

4 Likes

maybe Matt would have a ring if he hadn’t clearly been spending so much time building up his tolerance for booze

(this is a mean joke and I am sorry to Lions fans and to Matthew Stafford)

Isn’t your QB’s nickname derived from his ability to crush beers?

1 Like

2 Likes

:smiley:

it is, yes.

Matt and Matty crushing beers together at Christian family gatherings in the offseason for life

A few games of church league volleyball and a cooler of Miller High Life

1 Like

David Bakhtiari wasn’t messing around though.

Not watched the video but that’s not a man I’d choose to go up against in any kind of drinking contest.

1 Like

Indeed

Bakhtiari introduced the Packers to the board game Settlers of Catan which soon became a team favorite.[21] He was also responsible for a group of Packers players appearing in Pitch Perfect 2 , when he reached out to director Elizabeth Banks on Twitter.[22]

1 Like