NFL week 15

We all lost really

2 Likes

gronk is dead. I think the ‘partying makes me play better’ lifestyle may be coming to an end

1 Like

just admit you love the pats, man.

decent tight ends are rare though, right? idk, is still a physical unit, and can catch the ball, but his athleticism is falling off a cliff. has lost a stride or two for sure

perfect redzone really - 2 really tight games going all the way to (and beyond I suppose) the wire

So all the good teams are slowing down a bit, Playoffs shaping to be excellent and pretty much impossible to pick a favourite (lol NE will win by default obviously)

Best team in the NFL right now

• Chargers
  • Bears
  • Saints
  • Rams
  • Colts
  • Chiefs
  • Texans
  • Other

0 voters

Yeah, that was… yeah. Possibly the shortest intercepted pass ever thrown. But in the absence of anyone else’s QB list, mine remains definitive by default, and Ryan smashing the pitiful Cards for 231 yards isn’t bumping him up the list. Might move him down one, purely out of spite. In fact… I think…is that…? Yes, he’s now below Watson.

3 Likes

So Steelers have Saints at home and bengals away, ravens have chargers at home and browns away, ravens half a game behind (dunno what tiebreaker is)… woof. About as even as it could be?

Would LOVE the texans to get that bye game and… host the pats. Hmm. Am I right in thinking the chargers will still be a lower seed than a divisional winner even when they get to the divisional round? Or would standings actually come into it then? Really think standing should determine home field. All divisional winners get in, yes, but you have to earn home field advantage. Ridiculous that the chargers have to go on the road two weeks in a row to teams with worse records.

Think the NFC is pretty much set now - vikings will do over arizona, and they’ll be so much more motivated than the bears in week 17 (also think the 2 bye spots are set, regardless of the rams being weird atm, the bears in 3, NFC East winners in 4)

Chargers will nick the AFC West, and the Chiefs will get old manned by the Steelers/Ravens in the wildcard round

1 Like

The number one draft pick, er, race is still bizarre. Looks like the raiders will somehow manage to pick it up, but you can’t accuse any team of full on tanking, which is good imo. I think a week or two is fine (ie from here) but not before then. The 49ers though, I have no idea what kind of team they’ll be next year. Assuming good health, I’d believe you if you said 10-6 or 4-12

The bears won’t win away at the rams or the saints

1 Like

Not anti bants. Saints at home under a roof will only lose to a team who can keep pace with them on offense. Rams are probably the only NFC playoff team with a chance

The two big draft ifs for me are whether anyone but Oakland gets the first pick and whether Justin Herbert declares. If both of those things happen I think the number one pick will be traded, with the Jags or the Giants the prime candidates to move up.

The raiders beat the Cards, so the Cards would get it I think

I think strength of schedule trumps head to head, National Football League Draft - Wikipedia, although that doesn’t mention head to head at all? At the moment, Oakland have it, not sure how much that could change in last two weeks.

You don’t think the Raiders would trade up themselves, a la Chicago last year, if they were in the 2 spot? Obviously depends on how much they like Herbert, but they’d be in a strong position to do so - they’d almost certainly still have one of their 3 first rounders next year left over, and they’ve always got the first rounders in 2020 to play with as well. So much ammo to miss out on getting the guy you want, although this is Gruden.

Could see the Raiders either overthinking (waiting out the early picks safe in the knowledge that the Niners, Cardinals and Jets are set at QB and saving their draft capital) or underthinking (get taken for a ride by a GM who can see their high draft picks and that Gruden is, fundamentally, an idiot) their way into a daft draft move. Personally I think they have too many problems to be solved by The Guy and that quantity is their friend.