NFL Week 2: Mono Edition

Apparently Sam Darnold has mono and will miss Monday’s game. I’m not even sure what mono is.

I thought it was one of those made up diseases from House, like lupus

Literally my only awareness of it is the above Wayne’s World reference.

@epimer what is mono please?

@discobot what is mono?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Mono (stylised as MONO ) is a Japanese instrumental band, formed in 1999 in Tokyo. The band consists of Takaakira “Taka” Goto (electric guitar, glockenspiel), Hideki “Yoda” Suematsu (electric guitar, glockenspiel), Dahm Majuri Cipolla (drums), and Tamaki Kunishi (bass guitar, electric guitar, piano, glockenspiel).

Glad I could help. I will now be muting this sports thread, as is traditional.

6 Likes

Mono no aware

Honestly, frost bite now mono. What other weird maladies will strike NFL stars this season?

It’s not lupus

It’s never lupus

2 Likes

Going to start Curtis Samuel in both my fantasy leagues this week as my flex guys have tough match ups. Fully expecting zero catches out of him.

Dolphins agree to let Minkah Fitzpatrick seek a trade.

I’m aware that tanking is usually quite painful, but isn’t gutting the entire roster of all discernable talent you’ve ever drafted going a mite too far?

Mono is glandular fever.

1 Like

Also known as the Kissing Disease, hence the cute big eyelashes on the Giant Microbe version

https://www.giantmicrobes.com/au/products/kissingdisease.html

1 Like

Dolphins are an absolute disgrace. Fans are paying good money to see… what exactly? This shouldn’t be how you run a team.

Been ‘supporting’ them since the mid 90s, but seriously considering going all in on the Chargers instead. Felt like more of a fan of them for at least the last 4 or 5 years anyway.

1 Like

You’ll probably be upping the Chargers fanbase number by about 10% if you do switch

2 Likes

Fucking HELL

2 Likes
2 Likes

Anyone still pretending concussion isn’t a thing? Bill? Bill?

:goat:

2 Likes