NFL Week 4: Lions v Bears and 15 other less tragic games

Some good looking games this week (Vikings v Browns, Rams v Cardinals, 49ers v Seahawks, Chargers v Raiders). Also lots of games that will help us figure out if certain teams are actually good or just pretending (Broncos v Ravens, Cowboys v Panthers), lots of chances to marvel at woeful quarterbacking (Colts v Dolphins, Giants v Saints) and Brady’s return to New England for lovers of the #narrative. Football!

Tragic? Lions v Bears may very well be the high point of our season.

Which, I accept, is tragic in itself.

2 Likes

The Lions are 0-3 but have looked pretty frisky and competitive in all their games so far. They’ve raised a little bit of hope that better things might be coming. What better time then to absolutely Trainspotting the bedsheets against the Bears? It’s almost guaranteed.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Plus, for every argument that the Lions have been frisky and competitive, there’s also an argument that they’ve had their fair share of luck to not just just be blown out (see Hollywood Brown’s bad case of the drops last week). If there’s a team the Bears can get right on, it will be the Lions. I don’t have any expectations for them.

I hope Justin Fields has some kneecap protection

1 Like
3 Likes

If that’s how we get Kendrick then fine, I’ll take it

Couldn’t throw in Xzibit to, fucking Goddell.

2 Likes

ahh… Thursday night, I’m still up, let’s see what’s oh okay, never mind

looked like a decent game, tbf. Lawrence didn’t turn the ball over!

Only saw the highlights but he looked much more composed.

Think they’re broadly doing the right thing with him tbh. Throw an entire nfl playbook at him straight away and let him make mistakes and lose games in year one as he figures it out and bet on how good he is to come through later on.

Basically what happened to Peyton and Luck as rookies

1 Like

That 4th and 1 call is a disgrace though

Conversely the Bengals seem to have built a lot of bootlegs into their passing game, seemingly to counteract the fact that Burrow will stay in the pocket until it collapses (which happens often with the current Bengals line). Other than that he doesn’t have too many bad habits considering how little experience he has (although Auden Tate was completely uncovered at the snap in a goal to go situation and he tried a sneak instead).

2 Likes

Rams -4.5 this weekend feels very much like free money to me

1 Like

After watching (and refusing to turn off) Giants vs Falcons last week my wife has informed me she would like to watch Lions vs Bears tomorrow. The Texans have broken her.

1 Like
1 Like

Lions v Bears does have a certain morbid appeal to be fair to her. Feels wholly possible that the Lions could lose to a team with negative offensive yardage.

3 Likes

What we watching?