NFL Week 7: Last minute edition

Matt Ryan BENCHED for the rest of the season. Quite funny that they unceremoniously scapegoated and ditched Wentz (27 TDs, 7 INTs in 2021) and got an objectively much worse seaon out of Ryan. Wentz played worse than his record suggests, but nowhere near as bad as Ryan has.

QBs having good seasons this year: Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Lamar, Burrow, Geno (!), erm… maybe Cousins? Daniel Jones?

That’s the end of Ryan surely. Hard career to judge and one the nfl does very badly at where he’s clearly not a hall of famer but was consistently very good for a long time. Real shame that their arse fell out in that superbowl so he didn’t get to crown his one great year off with that.

Weird too that this looks like it could be the end for all of the quarterbacks who were in the league when I started watching properly. Barring Rodgers or Brady turning things around this season

Is Zappe elite?

Named after a party of five character :smiley:

he had a handful of seasons with top level QB play, not just 2016

pretty shocked at how quickly he’s declined, though. guess he wasn’t as durable as he seemed.

*you know what, he had a handful of great seasons. I’m not going to undercut myself just because people only remember 2016.

think Ehlinger is pretty promising, especially for a 6th rounder

the decision makes that great game against the Jags seem incredibly bittersweet. the last great game of a quarterback who was nearly truly great. :frowning:

small comfort, but the Falcons got it spot on moving on from Julio and Matty, tbf

1 Like

Narrator: “No”

1 Like

Lovely stuff to watch on the game in 40. Does feel like the bears are a well coached team lacking in talent rather than a complete mess. Still so hard to guage exactly what fields is but games like that make it so tempting to keep the faith. Feels like there’s something there worth trying to bring out.

Got a feeling he’s one of those who we’ll move on from and in a couple of years time he’ll come off the bench somewhere and look absolutely incredible

Hadn’t clocked that Fields (most passing yards in a game - 208) is going to be playing Mariota (229) in a few weeks. Going to be great fun

1 Like
5 Likes

I only saw the first half but Fields was having a very solid game. I only saw one really poor throw behind the receiver. But then he had one of those plays where he utterly loses his senses and runs and back peddles and runs desperately trying to extend a play for a huge loss and it’s like he’s back to square one. By far his best performance though and definitely something to build on :slight_smile:

Those back to back touchdowns were pretty awesome tbf to him. It was a pretty stunning introduction even if it went down hill second half.

Is the Mac Jones era over?

1 Like

In many ways, it never really began.

Looking forward to the patriots fanbase chasing every quarterback out of town for the next decade for not immediately being Tom Brady

2 Likes

weird man GO AWAY

His house has 4 bedrooms and seven bathrooms. Nothing about him makes sense

1 Like