NHL in the UK

there are free options btw just live-only
I’ve only paid for the service when I lived in NZ and games started at 4pm

I also can’t wait to watch next-day as I am heavily invested in fantasy so can’t avoid spoilers

I’ve paid, works out to £90 for us.

For anyone in the UK unsure if they’ll be anything to watch live, there are a few daytime games on the weekend (early evening), and the occasional 5:30 ET (10:30 for us) in the week.

2 Likes

Free Sports has some NHL games, and its sister channel Premier Sports has NHL (plus other stuff) for £9.99 a month. Not sure if that works out as better value than the NHL TV thingy?

Quite looking forward to the commentary options, especially the French.

LEAFS LEAFS LEAFS :maple_leaf:

Used premier sports for the playoffs last season - was fine for my purposes.

Obviously NHLTV will be better if you’re less casual/want to follow a specific team

'Mon the Redwings / Panthers

Excuse my stupid head, but I was very pleased with this years Christmas present.

12 Likes

Aw it’s got a C for Christmas!

1 Like

Can confirm that if a game is on live on Premier Sports, it will be blacked out on NHLTV. I had this during the playoffs last season, when there was a daytime game and had to use a VPN to watch it

well, I’ll eat my hat then! that sucks

Looking forward to the two outdoor games at Lake Tahoe Lake Tahoe to host two outdoor NHL games this season, per reports

Should be a lot of fun and hopefully make up for lack of Winter Classic

1 Like

Flyers / Pens on Freesports Wednesday

2 Likes

£90 well spent.

2 Likes

became a Canucks fan when I lived in Whistler 10 years ago, would love to keep up with them but timezones make watching the games basically completely impossible

the east coast games will be a bit more palatable with earlier starts this season (just add 5 hours) basically get ready to watch lots of Habs games

I’m excited for the Proper NHL and the rest this year (Scotiabank Northern Division)

the condensed schedule is quite bad really, there are going to be a lot of injuries this season

Thanks for this. I haven’t gone and purchased the NHLTV yet, as I’m still watching the NFL and the KHL league (£30 for the season and the cost of a VPN, bargain!). Can’t justify spending on the NHL as well at this time, so this will definitely do

FUCK THE PENS