Nice or Annoying (Poll thread)

Just went to the kitchen to fill up my water bottle and this lady told me to make sure I ran the tap for a bit because she’d just used the hot water and i wouldn’t want a warm bottle of water would i!!! Is this…

• Nice
  • Annoying

0 voters

had any similar nice/annoying experiences of your own recently?

Why the fuck would that be annoying!?

10 Likes

i’m gonna get slaughtered for this, aren’t i?

2 Likes

Because nobody tells eric what to do yeah? He’s his own maaaaaan man.

8 Likes

You should do

2 Likes

there’s gotta be a few misanthropes who’ll side with me. epimer? sad? anyone/???

Oh no?

totally with you on this. I take all small pieces of advice like this as a personal insult

9 Likes

phew!

You’re a monster :joy:

6 Likes

I mean, I’m genuinely not sure what bit is potentially annoying here, is it the fact you had to run the tap for a second or the fact that a human being spoke to you without your express permission or what?

4 Likes

was it the way she said it or something? because the information she’s given you is just useful isn’t it, why would it be annoying?

2 Likes

just to hone that a bit: I think it’s when someone advises me to do something that I was going to do anyway. can’t bear it.

5 Likes

just tell em to brown off.

3 Likes

very poor joke

1 Like

to road to hell is paved with well-intentions

ah yeah, this makes sense. I do get wound up a bit being told to do something I’m already in the process of, but I don’t think this particular example would bother me

1 Like

but wouldn’t 100% of people run the tap anyway whether she’d been there or not? i’m not going to fill my bottle up with hot water am i?

2 Likes

not now she’s helpfully told you not to, no

8 Likes
3 Likes