Nice or Annoying (Poll thread)

Very helpful Smee - it stopped me from searching Google and ending up at The Red Lion instead.

1 Like

this is extremely wrong I’m afraid Theo. Firstly you’re thinking of whist not rummy. Secondly there might have been not much thought involved for you and your mates but there is a serious, serious amount of thought that can go into this bit of the game. There’s absolutely loads to it. An experienced couple playing against a couple who weren’t thinking about it would win all 13 tricks.

This thread is stressing me out a wee bit. I hate annoying people.

2 Likes

You hate people who are annoying, or you hate other people finding you annoying?

(Sorry, this is probably an annoying question).

3 Likes

it’s exactly what occurred to me too

1 Like

Oh yeah, whist not rummy.

I think when you understand how whist tricks work they’re not that interesting to play. I mean Chasing the Lady, Hearts, Shooting the Moon (whatever you call that game) mixes things up with its extra cards but to me the bidding part of Bridge was always the most interesting because it gave you the forfeit for the tricks section.

oh i know, thats the worst thing about it

Sometimes i shout LET IT GO ITS FINE

2 Likes

hmm not really. you definitely have to start off with learning how the bidding works, and in order to get any kind of functional game that’s where you have to concentrate all your attention. So in that sense I guess as a beginner/occasional player that will be the most challenging bit.

In comparison, the “rules” of the play are straightforward to understand, but the skills and techniques in winning the play are almost unfathomably complex. So as I was saying, you could very well easily play a game of bridge without paying much attention during the play, but you’d get taken the fuck down.

How do you have your tea?
I mean surely she should know by now.

Oh but I LOVE to do this.
Even as my bf is pulling into a parking space, i’ll point and be like “this one is free”
I also give directions all of the time and I tell him when it’s ok to pull out.
He gets rage. I find it hilarious obviously.

3 Likes

a mate once asked me for 3 quid petrol as he gave me a lift into town with him. laughed and told him to fuck off.

2 Likes

mods please move this to the annoying your partner thread

eg: communicating between the hand and the table, doing a finesse, doing a squeeze, discarding, leading, playing through the strength, communicating blind with your partner, embarassing your partner, judging the split. That’s all I’ve learnt so far (I think) and I know there’s LOOOOOADS more to it still, I bet you don’t know what I’m even fucking talking about

She has the same gag that I have!

It was made even better when we went to Ikea and I had to sit in the back of the car cause something needed to go in the front seat and I was doing full taxi chat.

“What about this weather ay?
Oh it’s best if you go straight at this junction, I know the sat nav says to go left”

7 Likes

ah ha more fool you. It’s already in there!

1 Like

Haha, nope it’s always good to clarify… both really!

1 Like

Reminds me of the time a mate was given a lift home by his then gf from school after hearing that his Granddad had passed away and her demanding £5 petrol money. (This was in 1998 and the journey was less than 2 miles). Seemed a little insensitive / steep at the time. More so now that plenty of water has passed under the bridge.

:smiley: you are the worst

Though I would get annoyed if someone did this to me I am going to start doing it, shows yor the boss