Nice or Annoying (Poll thread)

on a similar note

Oh hi London-based friend - I am in town and I thought I’d drop in and see you. I am staying near …

• You’re an intelligent adult I’m sure you can negotiate London public transport if I leave you to it
  • Oh you’ll need to get the Jubilee line to some fucking station then the Overground to etc etc etc etc etc etc

0 voters

:smiley:

love this sort of thing

Maternity leavers bringing their newly-born sprog into work for a visit

• Aw, cuuuuuute
  • Seen one baby, seen 'em all

0 voters

People turning up to your swingers night to “just watch”

• Oh yeah that’s fine.
  • NOT ON.

0 voters

Shit, first to answer.

1 Like

look at sexybum pretending to be nice in that poll there

1 Like

there’s a lot of deviation from the poll format, guys

2 Likes

Fucking love babies. I know I come across as a joyless misanthrope, and I guess I am. But I love babies.

1 Like

Skip-Bo is a game played with a set of 150ish cards (essentially 3 packs) made by the people who make Uno. Now if you don’t know the card game Uno then we may as well give up here because Uno is a gaming institution and it means you’re in total wrong’un territory.

In Skip-Bo you have a pack of cards and you have to move them to four piles in numeric order, much like clearing a hand of patience but you’re playing against the other player(s) on the same four piles.

Bridge is a card game. Trick playing is where each person plays a card in the centre. The first player to put down a card also picks the suit and all other players have to play a card that matches that suit, otherwise they play any card in their hand but that card can’t win the trick. The winner of the trick is the person who played the highest card in the suit. So if the first play plays an Ace they will have won the trick.

However, Bridge, like most other games where you play tricks, has a ‘trump’ suit. If the suit being played isn’t trumps, then you can also play a trump suit card instead of the suit led for the trick. The highest trump suit card will win that trick.

Some cunt saying your little boy looks like the little girl in some fucking advert for some fucking car.

• Nice
  • Annoying

0 voters

Sorry theo i think you mistook my confusion for an invitation to explain this to me

• Nice
  • Annoying

0 voters

Anyone gonna actually read this?

1 Like

Someone at work keeps telling me that i’ve really lost weight around my face
I mean I have lost weight but you’re basically telling me i had a big fat face ok cheers

1 Like

You probably shouldn’t have ended it with two question marks so that it was clear it was a statement rather than a query.

its water under the bridge don’t get worked up about it

2 Likes

Almost certainly. It’s Friday afternoon and the alternative will be doing work.

Hmm, it’s a weird one with this… sometimes I say it and think “fuck, that could potentially be an offensive thing to say” If i know the friend is trying to lose weight or I know they’d take it as a compliment, then I will say it but otherwise I’ll shoosh.

2 Likes

Hmm, are they though? it could just be the case that they think your already slim face has slimmed even more…

Ruffers said this to me the other night and then i realised id had a beard trim since we last hung out :sweat:

1 Like

Yeah… i find it a bit awkward. I had a friend say to me once whilst I was trying to lose weight “still wasting away then?” UM, what?

1 Like