nice sentences thread

just sentences that have stayed in your brain that you like. it’s ok if you have to remind yourself of the exact wording, it’s not important.

“For once the present was esteemed at it’s proper value, being invested with some of the glamour which almost always envelops the past.”

good sentence there

“and outside the regency house, we all laughed loudly for different reasons in the cold autumn of new york.”

another one

“if the sun and moon should doubt, they’d immediately go out”

3 Likes

Can’t believe it’s been nearly 11 years since them slags smashed into the twin towers it still freaks my nut out to this day.

25 Likes

The end of this article about Instagram cleaning gurus was surprisingly poetic

“Dust will swarm in the spring light and settle silently on the blinds. A chair will move. In the plughole, hair is knotting.”

6 Likes

“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt”

5 Likes

8 Likes

I watched the rain; it settled in. We disappeared for days again.

thats another sentence i like

4 Likes

Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

2 Likes

Jason Isbell is a bloody brilliant lyricist

4 Likes

It’s got a Buck Rogers toilet. It flushed on the first yank! I love this house!

2 Likes

Early Feeder lyrics needed…

5 Likes

I fled the country: I thought I’d leave it all behind
But I built the same damn house on every acre I could find

2 Likes

I didn’t go to see the city, I went to see it around you

1 Like

Send forth your petition, and let them read it by the red glare of destruction. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

With increasing rental prices in city centres AND the huge rise in online fantasy gaming, I don’t understand why they haven’t gone under.

5 Likes

“To leave the world a little better than you found it. That’s the best a man can ever do.”

“It doesn’t take much to turn impossible into I’m possible”
Guitaroo Man

1 Like

great game.

1 Like

wildly on the people goeth
reaping what the noble soweth

:red_circle:

think adding eth to your sentences is a very classy move

I was a flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.

3 Likes

When you punish a person for dreaming his dream
Don’t expect him to thank or forgive you
The best ever death metal band out of Denton
Will in time both outpace and outlive you
Hail Satan

5 Likes