Niche dramas in your hobbies/interests/jobs

Lot of people tweeting cloudwater saying they got tix to events to drink their beer and now they can’t get refunds and cloudwater just being like yeah but if we’d known we wouldn’t have signed up in the first place. As of that makes a difference :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Talk about your Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark eh?

5 Likes

Have never seen the appeal of those events. The clientele at the old-school CAMRA events get a deserved bit of stick, but I think you get the real trainspotters at events like that.

1 Like

Yeah they keep saying “we’re disappointed too” and “its out of our control” errrr no it’s not dickheads

1 Like

Went to a house party when I was younger which went on into the following afternoon. There was a musician from an orchestra there, and he merrily toddled off the play that evening.

I could absolutely fill this thread. Not sure where to start tbh.

I guess the time that my nemesis had an enormous strop upon finding out that a player shuffled vowel cards at tournaments so you didn’t get 6 A cards in a row. (This wasn’t enough to make her drop out of the upcoming tournament but me posting a blog post with the phrase “bigger is better” was enough.)

I have nothing to contribute atm but rest assured I’m thrilled at the content of the thread thus far

1 Like

There was a major drama involving the same person paying another player for lessons to improve, which was absolutely bonkers and very funny at first (“truth be told, there wasn’t much to suck”) but then got extremely dark and unpleasant towards the end :confused:

Ex-bf got caught for using an online solver to cheat his way to a level of play that was pretty much unbeatable over the course of 6 months. He then posted the most piss weak ‘apology’ ever (claiming he hadn’t realised he was cheating) and was RIPPED APART by the site owner.

Same ex was cheated against on TV by his 8th opponent who buzzed on the conundrum, hesitated for a few seconds while staring at the screen and eventually giving the answer to win the game. If this hadn’t happened I wouldn’t have played him in my qf

An outstanding player was perceived to have been indulging in gamesmanship during an important game by saying what he wanted the final letter to be (thereby indicating there was a 9); that letter did come out. His opponent was really distracted by the behaviour and didn’t get it because of this. Mega pile-on against him online.

1 Like

Was disappointed at the lack of new posts and then noticed you edited in new paragraphs. You’re a hero of this commute

1 Like

I’m on my own commute! 4 hours just to get some p in the v. What is my life.

The enormous drama with my nemesis was superficially to do with her thinking that me trying to resolve major issues in the committee we were on with an anonymous questionnaire was deliberately sabotaging the committee. She was obsessively messaging me to see if I’d signed the committee constitution and telling me that if she knew in advance that I thought it was dumb bureaucracy she would have blocked me being allowed to join it. (Simultaneously messaging another member of the committee saying she - wrongly - thought I’d slept with a guy she fancied and that my best mate and I had lied to her about this guy being single again. Colour me shocked that it wasn’t about a questionnaire.) Then she hacked all our social media accounts when she was kicked off the committee and tried to blackmail my friend who is the sweetest and best person alive, her mum started getting aggy with people (She messaged my mum ‘to have a talk’ at one point. My mum obviously ignored her. The nemesis is 40 btw), she threatened to sue us for creative copyright theft. Etc.

Then there was the drama of a prominent member of the community being banned from the studios for 3 years for hugging Rachel with a boner.

2 Likes

Mine is about half an hour to get some m, b, and v

1 Like

Not sure I’m jel enough to swap but I am quite jel.

Probably for the best as I feel the owner and operator of the p would be disappointed at the swap tbh

1 Like

Extremely accurate content.

1 Like

It’s out of our control that we cancelled on this event that we said we would be at and you bought tickets for on the proviso that we would be there! This other brewery sold out, you’ve got to understand!!!1!!

They’re a nice time, you get to try a lot of different beers. But basically they’re exactly the same as camra events, but with wankier beers (speaking as someone who’s been to and enjoyed both)