Nicholas Cage (NOT DEAD)

There was a Nic Cage film fest in Glasgow last weekend, we saw Peggy Sue Got Married (what was with that voice?!?) and National Treasure (still so much fun)

Also they had the guy who was Nic Cage’s stand in from the mid 90s to mid 00s - like not a stunt double, but the guy who would do shots of Cage from behind or where only his hands would be visible. Nice guy. Dead weird job.

Watching The Rock right now :smiley:

1 Like

Lets reply gifs to this fellow so they have a stream of Nic Cage gifs in their notifications

3 Likes

Bit mean m9…

giphy (1)

tenor

3 Likes

I think there’s four stages to Nic Cage’s career (always get a bit thrown off by how similar his name is to Nick Cave…):

1st Stage: White male actor gets increasingly prestigiously roles based on being a white male actor (Vampire’s Kiss, Wild at Heart, Leaving Las Vegas)

2nd Stage: How has this hammy white man got so many films through permanent over-acting (Wicker Man, Gone in 60 seconds, National Treasure, World Trade Centre)

3rd Stage: Nic Cage’s acting style is unique and interesting, he has been vastly underappreciated
(Ghost Rider, Kick Ass, Face Off)

4th Stage: Some films fit his overacting perfectly. Some films definitely don’t. It’s good he’s (largely) sticking to indies (Mandy, Pig)

Not always chronological, but that’s the nuance of Cage

1 Like

Woah, we have two Nicage threads

And also a Coppola

1 Like

Three Nicage threads!

2 Likes

Four good measure

1 Like

5th Stage: get 3 threads on DiS

Can’t get over how much he looks like john travolta in those shots from the dracula film he’s doing

2 Likes

8 Likes

I still can’t shake the fact that he looks like Halloween Bryan Ferry doing the strand

3 Likes

Ah ffs…this was the first one that came up!

It’s all good, maybe we need even more

Apparently huge is my word of the day

2 Likes

this is good

1 Like

correction this is amazing

9 Likes

He’s great

2 Likes

Reading this in his Adaptation style voice without even meaning to. Nothing Nicholas Cageabout it exactly and yet its still so Nicholas Cage.

1 Like

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/static/en/uk/cagefest?_m_utk=9c4f65c480f40126686b572aa8e668e1