Nick Cave (rolling)

DID IT! Third time round was the charm.

2 Likes

Oh ffsā€¦ I didnā€™t realise this and was turned off by the normal pricesā€¦ now itā€™s sold out!

Was hoping to grab one of the Ā£32.50 tickets for the Sage, but Ā£65 is a bit too steep for mah budget at the moment.

Start getting your witty/thought-provoking questions ready!

Got given about 1600th in the queue, they were all gone by the time I was about 1400. Wonā€™t have been many.

1 Like

Loads of tickets for Birmingham on the Monday evening still. Zero queue. Amazing venue (but still a bit rich for my blood)

Booked for Sage. Pricier than Iā€™d have ideally liked but couldnā€™t not - Australia shows sounded great. Intrigued by the format of the ā€˜conversationā€™ part and what might come up, and unlikely to be able to see him outside of an enormo-dome in any other live form. Very excited

All the ā€˜cheapā€™ tickets for Birmingham are goneā€¦I think everyone had the same idea/budget as me and they were disappearing before you got the chance to add them. Got 2nd row from back on Grand Tier.

Prior to buying tickets for the Birmingham show I assumed the Ā£87 tickets would purely be near the front but seems most of the venue is at this price, bit disappointed in that tbh. Ended up getting the Ā£65 ones as all the cheap ones had gone, even still these seats are still right up in the gods.

The cynic in me wonders whether the Red Hand Files were a way of generating interest in Nickā€™s Q&A format before cashing in hard on this tour.

1 Like

Iā€™d estimate from the seating plan that well over half the tickets for Cardiff were in the Ā£85 bracket, and then probably half of whatā€™s left were the Ā£75 tier. I got a couple for Ā£42 each, but that puts us up in the Upper Circle. It does seem disproportionately expensive, especially when I remember that Ā£45 got me tickets to a full Bad Seeds show less than eighteen months ago. How much does it cost to lug a piano around anyway?

Saw olafur Arnoldā€™s last year for less than half that and he was lugging three pianos round with him.

I would say it looked a lot more stressful for him than just doing normal songs. Also in the venue we saw him in Melbourne he must have had about 16 people dotted around with the mics and this big lightsabre things to alert Nick to people with questions. Iā€™d hope those people werenā€™t just volunteers as theyā€™d certainly been given some kind of instruction prior to the show and they didnā€™t really get to sit down or anything.

Still, that is a high price!

You can sign up here to stream the Distant Sky concert film for free over Easter weekend:
https://www.nickcave.com/distantsky/

7 Likes

Anyone watching the film? It took me ages to set upā€¦ did not want to listen on my laptop speakers. So far itā€™s worth it, though is the music a bit muted in the mix?

Hmm, the mix sounded good to me in the first 40 minutes or so that Iā€™ve watched. Will watch the whole thing later this weekend as itā€™s too sunny right now. :sunglasses:

They mixed it deliberately to reflect being at the gig. Worked really well in the cinema.

Hi Mum! Happy Easter! Have a lovely day!

Runs upstairs to watch Distant Sky in the dark

2 Likes

They really are one of the most mesmerising bands to watch.

UK tour starts on Saturday

https://twitter.com/nickcave/status/1138732672744873984?s=19

Iā€™m going Saturday, really looking forward to it